Respected Contributor

What is your favorite light weight foundation?

I want one that IS NOT heavy feeling but gives at least medium coverage. High end or drug store, what’s your favorite? 

For reference, I’ve tried IT CC and the colors are off on me, too yellow. I have Maybelline Super Stay, I think it’s called and it’s pretty heavy on my skin. 

Anyway, thanks for any suggestions! 🙂

Trusted Contributor

Re: What is your favorite light weight foundation?

@wvumountiefan    I like Elizabeth Arden Ceramide foundation.  It has no yellow undertones in the shade I wear..vanilla shell.  Very Nice natural coverage.  I have tried the others that you mentioned....just too yellow or drying.  

Respected Contributor

Tarte Tinted Treatment BB Primer SPF30. Weird name. Just a nice lightweight foundation with SPF. Has a bit of a mousse like feel. I think the colors are fairly neutral. I can wear fair, which is very pale or Light when I like a bit of color.

Valued Contributor

I like Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation.  Feels light on the skin and has buildable coverage.  

Honored Contributor

I like this Maybelline product.  It's lightweight but covers well.  Good color match. I like the SPF of 50, after having a serious skin cancer surgically removed from my face.

Screenshot_20200408-213257~2.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I've been a Merle Norman customer since the late 1970's.....my favorite foundation is their Powder Base in Alabaster Beige. 

Frequent Contributor

Cover girl and Olay Simply Ageless. It comes in a round compact. About $11.goes on like silk and has SPF. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer the Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum.  It goes on like liquid silk!

Only 22 shades!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I have tried them all, just like you Smiley Wink, and found that Belle Beauty (Kim Gravel) Hover Cover Foundation is the BEST!!! So lightweight, a little goes a long way and it isn't heavy feeling. Dries quickly, and dries like a powder, so you can apply blush right away, and no need for a translucent powder on top. No glitter/shimmer, either. I have normal/oily skin and this foundation hides it all! It's my favorite foundation for sure. 

Trusted Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

I have tried them all, just like you Smiley Wink, and found that Belle Beauty (Kim Gravel) Hover Cover Foundation is the BEST!!! So lightweight, a little goes a long way and it isn't heavy feeling. Dries quickly, and dries like a powder, so you can apply blush right away, and no need for a translucent powder on top. No glitter/shimmer, either. I have normal/oily skin and this foundation hides it all! It's my favorite foundation for sure. 

@MandyG06  Thank you, this sounds really good. I *think* it's cruelty free, but does it say where it's made?

F/N/A luvstogarden