Respected Contributor
On 7/15/2014 sweetpea53 said:
On 7/15/2014 ginabfly said:

Just an FYI about the menthol - the Kids Wen does not have menthol, so if you're looking for one without you might want to try one of those!

From my understanding, the Strawberry Banana is the most moisturizing, the Watermelon is in between, and the Apple is the lightest (which may be good for your fine hair).

I'll let other more experience Wenners answer your other concerns!

Thank you for another consideration.!!

I just wanted to add that the Wen kids are very light formulas. The apple and watermelon seem the lightest to me. They may give you the volume you are looking for. They give my hair great volume.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Valued Contributor
On 7/15/2014 !FitChick! said:

I have medium to fine hair, but a lot of it, and it has cowlicks all over the place. The right products are only half of the equation, in my experience. The right haircut that works with, not against, what your hair tends to do, is the other piece of the pie. My stylist, who has been cutting my hair for 20 years, does not start washing my hair, let alone cutting it, until he's heard how my hair has been; while I'm talking he is running his hand thru my hair to get a feel for the thickness. My stylist also watches me put product in and will say if I'm putting too much in, not rubbing the texturizing taffy in enough, ect. If you have a stylist you like, and you have an idea of when your hair starts driving you crazy ( about 4-5 weeks for me), make your next appointment as you are paying your bill- you have a better chance of getting the stylist and the date and time you want. Hope this helps.

I have a great relationship with my stylist. I have a trim every 4-5 weeks. We take the time to discuss my hair and if any changes need to be made.

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Hilary77, thanks. I just may have to try the kids' !

Valued Contributor
On 7/15/2014 baker said:

I have fine very short hair, but as my hairdresser says, a lot of it. As much as I like WEN products I find I get a much better and longer lasting hairdo from Nick Chavez products. I use his yucca shampoo and his plump'n thick leave in conditioner. You also might want to try Andrew Lessmans Skin Hair and Nails vitamin he sells on HSN and work from the inside out.

I tried Nick's line years ago and used it for a while but found them drying after a while.

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor
Are you using the Wen comb to help evenly distribute the product through your hair? The comb also removes some excess product (rinse the comb after each or every other pass); so if you use the right amount of pumps, you should be left with just the right amount of Wen your hair needs.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

To the OP ---- how did your hair behave with regular shampoo? The same?

Personally, I LOVE the softness my hair has, but I need a styling something to give me some body .... and I use L Oreal Ellnet hair spray afterwards .... Soft hair still needs something for body and volume. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

sweetpea53, welcome to the Wen forum!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I've read all your posts but I'm still confused on what your step by step hair cleansing, leave in and styling routines are. I'm not sure what the "5 pumps" of product refer to.

Could you go through the exact details of your routine? This would be helpful in terms of trying to give you suggestionSmiley Happy

-- bebe Smile

Honored Contributor

sweetpea53, I have shoulder length hair and this is my regular routine:

-- first cleanse: TT (occasionally use CA or BGT)

-- second cleanse: rotate using 613, Seasonals, BGT, and Seasonals.

-- all 613 products leave in (to soaking wet hair): 1/2 pump of CC (from a 16oz. bottle), followed by 1/2 pump to one pump SC, followed by 3 pumps of mousse.

-- bebe Smile

Valued Contributor
On 7/16/2014 sailor moon said: Are you using the Wen comb to help evenly distribute the product through your hair? The comb also removes some excess product (rinse the comb after each or every other pass); so if you use the right amount of pumps, you should be left with just the right amount of Wen your hair needs.

I don't have a WEN comb but I do use a large tooth comb to distribute the CC.

Valued Contributor
On 7/16/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

To the OP ---- how did your hair behave with regular shampoo? The same?

Personally, I LOVE the softness my hair has, but I need a styling something to give me some body .... and I use L Oreal Ellnet hair spray afterwards .... Soft hair still needs something for body and volume. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Yes, it did. I had to use products to get any body. Mostly Josie Maran's beachy waves product. It worked fine. I was just trying to use all WEN products.