Valued Contributor
On 7/16/2014 bebe777 said:

sweetpea53, welcome to the Wen forum!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I've read all your posts but I'm still confused on what your step by step hair cleansing, leave in and styling routines are. I'm not sure what the "5 pumps" of product refer to.

Could you go through the exact details of your routine? This would be helpful in terms of trying to give you suggestionSmiley Happy

-- bebe Smile

Thank you for the welcome, bebe777!

I thoroughly wet my hair. Then I use 5 pumps from the 16oz Summer Honey Peach. Comb it through my hair. Rinse it out thoroughly. Apply 5 more pumps of the CC and finish my shower. Rinse thoroughly again.

No leave in.

I blow dry with a defuser. No brush, just waving the dryer back and forth and using my fingers.

If I just blow dry,no products of any kind, it's beautiful for a few hours and then falls flat to my head.

If I use the mousse and/or the styling cream, it's beautiful for a few hours and then falls flat. I hope that I've answered your questions.

Super Contributor

sweetpea, welcome to the WEN forum {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. Tell me if I'm misunderstanding, but your last post said you apply, comb and rinse. By "apply" do you mean working it in, massaging your scalp, like you would do if you were using shampoo, or just rubbing it on your hair like you were using conditioner? You need to use WEN CC like a shampoo - work it in, massage your scalp to clean it, add enough water to get it to change from a creamy consistency to a frothy consistency, then comb through and rinse.

If you are already massaging your scalp and working it through your hair, I apologize for misunderstanding.

Honored Contributor
On 7/16/2014 sweetpea53 said:
On 7/16/2014 bebe777 said:

sweetpea53, welcome to the Wen forum!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I've read all your posts but I'm still confused on what your step by step hair cleansing, leave in and styling routines are. I'm not sure what the "5 pumps" of product refer to.

Could you go through the exact details of your routine? This would be helpful in terms of trying to give you suggestionSmiley Happy

-- bebe Smile

Thank you for the welcome, bebe777!

I thoroughly wet my hair. Then I use 5 pumps from the 16oz Summer Honey Peach. Comb it through my hair. Rinse it out thoroughly. Apply 5 more pumps of the CC and finish my shower. Rinse thoroughly again.

No leave in.

I blow dry with a defuser. No brush, just waving the dryer back and forth and using my fingers.

If I just blow dry,no products of any kind, it's beautiful for a few hours and then falls flat to my head.

If I use the mousse and/or the styling cream, it's beautiful for a few hours and then falls flat. I hope that I've answered your questions.

sweetpea53, yes, that information helps a lot!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Below i've included a few suggestions that you might want to try:

1) while the first cleanse is to get the dirt and grime out of your hair, you should massage it into your scalp for about a minute before washing it out.

2) make sure to keep the CC for the second cleanse in your hair for 3-5 minutes before you wash it out.

3) use cool water to wash your hair (this helps keep the cuticles closed to minimize frizzing).

4) after washing out the final cleanse, turn the shower to cold water and put you head under it for 2-3 seconds (if you can).

5) Still in the shower, with your hair soaking wet, apply your leave in. You need to start with the thickest/densest products and finish with the lightest ones. Each time you add a product, squeeze the product into your hair. Then twist the bunches of hair (the way that twine is twisted) to insure that they are equally distributed throughout your hair. Here's my basic suggestion of how much to use on shoulder length hair (if your hair is longer you may want to add more mousse to begin with):

-- 1/2 pump CC (from a 16oz. bottle) to put moisture back into your hair. -- Only apply the CC below the scalp line so that it doesn't make your scalp oily.

-- followed by 1/2 pump of SC to seal the CC moisture in your hair strands. -- The SC also acts as a heat protectant from the blow dryer.

-- followed by 3 pumps of mousse which is applied to the whole length of your hair. It may turn out that you need more mousse. I would suggest that you begin with fewer pumps and each time you cleanse your hair you can add one additional pump until you figure out the best number of pumps to use for your hair. -- The mousse has smarthold technology that has really worked on my thin/fine body challenged hair. It's the only product I have ever used that gives me volume on the days between cleansings.

Note: I know you said your hair falls flat after a few hours of using the SC and the mousse, but my hair always was flat before I started following this routine. Now it always has bodySmiley Happy

6) pat dry (instead of rubbing) your hair and scalp with an old 100% cotton t-shirt. Terry towels can rough up your cuticles.

7) then style your hair.

Give it a try and if you don't like the results, then check back in with this fourmSmiley Happy

I hope this helps!! Best of luck!!

btw, you may want to check out the threads below for more information about how to use Wen. To start with, wetdragon's tips from Chaz Dean Studio thread should be really helpfulSmiley Happy

-- bebeSmile Wen FAQ - key Wen links - Wen 101 - tips from Chaz Dean Studio

Honored Contributor

The JUNE/JULY issue of TOWN & COUNTRY magazine has an article stating that WEN has SILICONE.....most fine hair will fall flat when silicone is added. I think it is in every product, so after the CC, SC and mousse...that's a lot of silicone.

Occasional Contributor

Hi sweetpea53,

I visit these forums every now and then, but seldom reply to anything. I've learned alot......these ladies are full of great ideas and suggestions. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I also have fine hair and have tried every combination of Wen products I could possibly try. I've been using it for 2 and a half years now. My hair has never been better. It wasn't until recently I finally found the perfect routine for MY hair. Many people will agree you need to find what works best for you. First, I cannot use the styling creme. And I have certainly tried. I only cleanse once, using 6 or 7 pumps from a 16 oz. bottle. I add water to make it frothy, massage it well into my scalp, run the comb through or run my fingers through, and leave on for 3-4 minutes while finishing my other routines. Then rinse well. I then wrap my hair in a towel and leave it wrapped while I dry off. Then I unwrap my hair, NO rubbing..........and comb. I immediately use the Wen mousse, using 3-4 pumps, and just scrunch it through my hair with my fingers. I will usually leave it for a few minutes while I get dressed and then blow dry. My hair comes out very bouncy and full of body. I do need to use an instant freeze hairspray just to have it stay beautiful right after I brush it out. I spray it very lightly. Then I will spray it with a few pumps of the Wen Volumizing Treatment Mist. That gives it a nice long lasting hold. That is my routine and it works for me every time. When I go to bed at night, I always brush out my hair. I also wash my hair every morning. A couple times a week, I use the oils on my scalp when I go to bed and leave them in overnight. It washes out nicely in the morning with this same routine. As I said, it took me almost the whole 2 and a half years to find this routine and I am so happy I finally did. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor
On 7/24/2014 Shanus said:

The JUNE/JULY issue of TOWN & COUNTRY magazine has an article stating that WEN has SILICONE.....most fine hair will fall flat when silicone is added. I think it is in every product, so after the CC, SC and mousse...that's a lot of silicone.

I have very very baby fine thin hair and find I get amazing volume with wen. I use the cleansing conditioner, the replenish mist, sometimes the mousse if I am going curly and occasionally a small pea sized amount of CC leave in. No flatness or build up.
Trusted Contributor
On 7/30/2014 Denise from Canada said:

I have very very baby fine thin hair and find I get amazing volume with wen. I use the cleansing conditioner, the replenish mist, sometimes the mousse if I am going curly and occasionally a small pea sized amount of CC leave in. No flatness or build up.

Shanus and Denise from Canada, is it possible that fine straight hair and fine curly hair get different results from silicone? I have fine straight hair and always have trouble getting volume. Wen has been the best for me so far but I still need to use another product as a leave in. Right now I'm using Keratherapy which is a root boost and volumizer. Not sure what's in it or why it works but I do have more body cleansing with Wen and using Keratherapy. I also use Wen oils and Remoist. Right now that's my routine Smiley Wink

KJPA
Super Contributor
On 7/30/2014 Denise from Canada said:

I have fine, straight hair and I get more volume from WEN than from anything else I've ever tried. I've used WEN for over 8 years - still no buildup. As was discussed in another thread, the silicone in WEN is amodimethicone, a silicone that doesn't build up. I use the cleansing conditioner to cleanse and also as leave in, use the styling crème and the mousse. Granted, I'm not going to have the same level of volume as someone who has thicker hair or curls, but my hair is the best it can be and it's thicker than it was before I started using WEN.