Respected Contributor

Re: What Products Have Multiple Functionality in YOUR Routine?

In the 1960s my mom put mayonnaise on her face before bed to moisturize. Right before she wrapped her super shellacked platinum French twist hair in Saran Wrap. 
Me, I use most beauty products as intended. Other than my Nefertiti bronzer palette which is also eye shadow and highlighter. And in a pinch, lipstick as blush. 
oh speaking of the 60s. Remember stopping a run in your pantyhose with clear nail polish 😆

Harmonize the World
New Contributor

Use purity to wash your personal “delicate”
Honored Contributor

Clear nail polish on pantyhose runners...yes, I remember that.  Mayo on your face before bed or ANYtime, no, I've not heard of that one.

This has been interesting Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Along with some already mentioned (I like this thread!), I use .....

Purity to clean my makeup brushes.

Andrew Lessman's Breath Plus supplements - chew 1 or 2 to pop between your teeth to release the mint & parsley extracts for an instant fresh breath (much better than candy mints).  I always keep some in a small pill container in my handbag for after coffee or anytime.

Makeup setting spray applied on eyeshadow brush to instantly set powder eyeshadow, or use as eyeliner, with zero flaking.

Argan body butter as a pre-poo (pre-shampoo) conditioner on my hair. I apply mostly to the ends to greatly reduce tangling and split ends..  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

Why do we need to apply a "pre-poo" conditioner??

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

Why do we need to apply a "pre-poo" conditioner??

@monicakm   Not everyone needs it or benefits from it. It might actually wear hair down.  But for me, it's golden!  I'm a black woman with naturally curly hair with no perm or relaxer chemicals in it..  It's similar to the curl pattern that Leah wears, but mine is cut shorter, and my curls are a little tighter.   
Wash day -- once a week -- for my curl pattern and hair porosity (I have very low porosity hair) is best when I pre-poo.  It moisturizes my hair, and leaves it with an extremely manageable slip that makes the shampoo & conditioner steps wonderful for my hair to take, with very minimal tangling. 
I use the body butter in a pinch, only if I'm out of my actual pre-shampoo conditioner I usually use.  My hair loves argan oil. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I use Purity from Philosophy to hand wash delicates.  

I even have used white toothpaste to fill in small nail holes in walls when removing a picture (in an emergency) - aka rental..... 

@CAcableGirl2   As owners of rentals, we always ask our renters NOT to do this.  Take your pictures with you and the painter will fill the holes professionally.  The toothpaste thing really makes a mess.  I am sure your landlord would appreciate you not doing this. Woman WinkHeart

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My most fave blush in the entire world........waiting for the suspense to build 😁.......Peach Sorbet #07 by Elizabeth Arden----I use on my eyes as an all over color-----I only use neutrals anymore------- I  have been using Laura Gellers balance and glow to cover the purple in the corners of my eyes by my nose-----seems to work realy nicely there--there are patches of lighter shades in it that I can use---here's more--

moisturizer with foundation

sunscreen with moisturizer

dark eye shadow as liner

moisturizer with leg make up

bronzer as blush

primer in just about anything liquid

facial oil with moisturizer

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

Thanks for the explanation.  I get it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

You know I had to Google your fav blush...it's not on the EA website and sold out most places.  You can get it on ebay.  It's a pretty color Smiley Happy

primer in just about anything liquid

YES!  It's a multitasking product if there ever was one