Respected Contributor

What Is The Most Hypoallergenic Mascara?

I used to wear any old mascara without a problem.  Then, I stopped wearing makeup during the pandemic.  Now that I'm going back into the office a few days a week, I find that my mascara (yes, even brand new) is really bothering my eyes.  I just switched from glasses to contact lenses and asked my optometrist for her opinion on a gentle mascara and she suggested Clinique.  I'm just wondering if you lovely beauties have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Contributor

Re: What Is The Most Hypoallergenic Mascara?

I have been using Eyes are the Story and like it. It was developed by an ophthalmologist. Helps with dry eye issues. Comes in a small tube in a trio pack so you can have a new tube every month without wasting a regular size tube,for $39. Sold online

Esteemed Contributor

Bobbie Brown always works for me. I have sensitive eyes that water, allergies, etc. and this stays put and comes off at night with Purity. Hope it works for you as well.

Honored Contributor

I did a google search and found this GoodHousekeeping article. You might want to take a look for what it's worth. It mentions "10 Best" brands.

10 Best Hypoallergenic Mascaras of 2021, Tested by Beauty Scientists

Respected Contributor

Give Almay a try.  Available in drugstores and big box stores, maybe even grocery stores.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suzeecat    Clinique is an excellent choice.  I use it and it is easy to remove.  Comes in black or brown.  My favorite is the Naturally Glossy Mascara.  30% off on Clinique's website right now.  Clinique is all hypoallergic.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Anytime I start having a problem with mascara I return to Clinique. Can’t beat it. As another poster suggested Almay is also a good hypoallergenic. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions.  It looks like I have choices, and I'm excited to start trying some of them.

Respected Contributor

Contact wearer and sensitive eyes here.  Clinique and Mally have worked well for me.

Trusted Contributor

@Suzeecat  I swear by Almay when my spring allergies are kicking up.