Frequent Contributor

What I have discovered about Maybelline's Color Tatoo colors (review included)

I own the Taupe, White, gunmetal grey and bronze colors. I was super excited to play with these when they first came out. I went with the basics and wasn't too wild about the brighter colors, and thinking of adding the burgandy and the gold colors to my collection. *sorry for not listing the correct names.. I don't wanna run to my bathroom for them LOL* And I have given them a serious test drive. I have used them for about a month.

I know these are supposed to be 24 hour, but personally never tested that theory out!

I have tried them alone, over a primer, and used as a shadow base and here are my experiances with them.

Alone without primer. They did go on well, but I have discovered that for me these do not work as well as I wanted them to. They are fine for a 'run out the door' kinda look but the staying power not very long. Creased on me. This also could have been due to the fact that I might have put them on without waiting for my eye cream to set in.

Alone with Primer. These do not budge on me this way! I prefer the bronzy color alone with an eye liner (gel, pencil, powder shadow as a liner.. I tried all three ways) gave a good neutral eye with a bit of POW. not too bright, a bit more shimmery so I can see if someone doesn't like the shimmer would have a problem. To my eye, it is more amped up than a satin finish.

The Taupe alone with the same types of eye liner were a bit blah. Just kinda a muddy color on *my* lids.

The White with Primer is a bit too sheer for me. It is an icy white which I do love. But a hard look for me to pull off.

They Gun Metal Grey Is nice on it's own with liners. An easy way to do an easy quasi smokey eye.

Once again, the staying power with a primer on me.. OUTTA THIS WORLD!

Same colors with primer used as a color base. I know, seems like an extra step, but one well worth it IMO!

I think the white color would work best for a lighter look and fantastic for an icy blue color or blues., the taupe color works great with just about any combo, great for mega staying power for a more neutral eye and the bronze works great with bronzy colors or olive green colors, and of course the grey, great base for a smokey eye, darker colors and great for a darker blue look.

I have never tried the MAC paint pots so I can't compare.. and I am looking forward to trying them in the muggy Texas weather. And hopefully they will come out with more colors. I think for the price these are a worthy product and one that I wouldn't have any doubts about suggesting. Score these on sale with coupons and you get a fantastic deal!

So anyone still on the fence about these, I hope this helps you. I am enjoying them and reach for them more times than not.