Valued Contributor

Wet N Wild PhotoFocus foundation - such a nice finish!

[ Edited ]

I am always looking for the perfect foundation and not break the bank. I did use Lancome and Este Lauder and like them at one time but the price is just too much. I have some IT foundations and tinted moisturizer I use in the summer and also like Loreal Color Match.

Most recently I was using No. 7 but the formula changed in the last year and now just so and can't settle on a color. 

While watching a YouTube on drug store finds I saw the Wet N Wild PhotoFocus and hesitated to buy a $6 foundation, even as frugal as I am, but it is very nice!! I found ti at CVS. Not sure if the color I got is exactly right but love the finish. So smooth and a nice matte look. I haven't noticed that it oxidizes or settles in my lines but for now I like it a lot. I am using the Buff Bisque.

Give it a try if looking to save some money and you may just like it too. Will be curious to hear what others think.

Valued Contributor

Re: Wet N Wild PhotoFocus foundation - such a nice finish!

Image result for wet n wild photo focus foundation swatches

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for sharing @Theresa1121.  😊

I've seen a couple of online reviews recommending this and considered purchasing.  I've used Urban Decay lately but it seems to be oxidizing, so I'm looking for something else.  I will look for this. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Theresa1121 ...thank you for the recommendation. Someone here on the boards recommended Wet n Wild Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer. I bought a tube, and love it. It works great! Just goes to show that one does not have to spend a lot for a good product that meets our needs.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I have used a bottle of this foundation before and it is very nice.  

Trusted Contributor

@Theresa1121 

I agree! I tried this liquid foundation and it is very good.👍🏽

*I just prefer the quickness and convenience of a powder foundation (fan of Jerome Alexander, - not cheap, 19.99 @ Rite-aid) but it's good coverage of my hyper-pigmentation and doesn't settle. Light hand is all that's needed. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the rec, @Theresa1121   In other brands of more generalized shades, would you consider yourself a light, light-medium, or medium?  I'm usually a light-medium so I'm wondering if your Buff Bisque would be appropriate for me.  Also, how much coverage is there?  Do you apply with fingers or use a beauty sponge or brush?

Respected Contributor

It is a good foundation. I have a cabinet full of liquid foundations (which my DH says all look all the same)

Another really good inexpensive one is Maybelline Fit Me. $6 at Target

Respected Contributor

This is the liquid foundation I use. Coverage is great and finish is beautiful. I love Wet N Wild products! I apply with a Real Technique miracle complexion sponge.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Thanks for the rec, @Theresa1121   In other brands of more generalized shades, would you consider yourself a light, light-medium, or medium?  I'm usually a light-medium so I'm wondering if your Buff Bisque would be appropriate for me.  Also, how much coverage is there?  Do you apply with fingers or use a beauty sponge or brush?

I would consider myself light-medium but closer to medium if that makes sense. Try the Buff Bisque as it is neutral with no golden or peachy tint going on. The coverage is medium I would say and goes on like velvet. I always save the receipt in the drug store bag and you can return it until you get the color right. I want to try something just a tad darker especially with summer coming. 

I was applying with a foundation brush but find it better with my fingers.

Let us know how you like it. For the price, it goes on sooooo nice.