Honored Contributor

Re: Wen is nothing special

[ Edited ]

I agree with you OP.  I'd tried it years ago and was not impressed. I asked my stylist and she said both she and her daugher had tried it and ended up giving away unused product and didn't see anything about it to recommend. Some folks clearly think they see results and are willing to pay the price, which is up to them. Personally, to me, it's a lot of hype. Even if I used it, I would not want to be identified as a 'Wen girl'... GIven the buckets of it they sell here alone, it's hardly an exclusive club. Moreover, I'd not want to be identified by the hair products I use... To me, it just sounds silly.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It seems from what I have read here that the ones who love WEN are ladies who have damaged hair in the first place. They color or perm and use a lot of products and heat on the hair. For those like me who do none of those things, and who has very fine hair - I do not need to repair any damage and why would I spend a fortune in dollars and time & effort when my hair is already healthy and shiny and smooth. Not to merntion that WEN would really weigh my hair down which I try at all costs to avoid doing. All my hair requires is a very good cut and a daily wash with a very gentle shampoo and blow dry , which only takes about 30 sec. on my fine hair, so it isn't getting damaged from the heat.

It seems so often women fight against their hair to get some style they imagine will be so lovely. In fact - you and a very good stylist can assess your hair and decide what would look best on your face - in your lifestyle and that is appropriate for your hair. Then  you can be satisfied with how your hair turns out.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It seems from what I have read here that the ones who love WEN are ladies who have damaged hair in the first place. They color or perm and use a lot of products and heat on the hair. For those like me who do none of those things, and who has very fine hair - I do not need to repair any damage and why would I spend a fortune in dollars and time & effort when my hair is already healthy and shiny and smooth. Not to merntion that WEN would really weigh my hair down which I try at all costs to avoid doing. All my hair requires is a very good cut and a daily wash with a very gentle shampoo and blow dry , which only takes about 30 sec. on my fine hair, so it isn't getting damaged from the heat.

It seems so often women fight against their hair to get some style they imagine will be so lovely. In fact - you and a very good stylist can assess your hair and decide what would look best on your face - in your lifestyle and that is appropriate for your hair. Then  you can be satisfied with how your hair turns out.

I think the best thing one can do for her hair is to have a style that works with her hair. My cut is perfect for me and that saves a lot of time, damage, money, and frustration that comes from trying to make my hair somethng it is not.

Valued Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I am not the Wen user in my family.my Husband is..I watch the shows because I love the Oils and the Replenishing Treatment Mists..

I was the one to turned my Husband on to Wen. He has very short hair and a dandruff problem and the Wen worked.It didn't work for me..I tried and tried..and yet my hair looked and felt no different than when I used my regular Shampoo & Condtioners. I too want to see Chaz demonstrate on someone who has HAIR that looks like mine I have natually FRIZZY DRY. Naturally Wavy/Curley hair. My hair is color treated too. I like to wear my hair Straight..but I have worn it in it's natural state..UGH..When My Hairdresser does my hair CURLEY..it looks just like The Wen Girls..But it takes products,it will not look like that without anything,no matter what Chaz wants to sell you. I want to see Models Hair not professionally styled. Because I really can't do my hair,like a lot of woman. Then I will believe all that he says. I really doubt that he will do that...My Hairdresser blow dries my hair with a round brush and then tweaks it with a flat iron and it looks shiny and beautiful....and I get compliments all the time..BUT ..when I wash my own hair and try to blow it out..OUCH..does not look the same....I have been using Hair,Skin & Nails by Natures Bounty and.. my hairdrersser says ..wow your hair looks great and grows and grows..but NOTHING WILL CHANGE THE TEXTURE...Nothing will get rid of my hairs natural tendency to be Frizzy....that has not been invented yet!

This happens with every single hair vendor on QVC.  Don't recall any of them using middle aged or older women with very damaged hair or 'bad' hair. It is impossible to represent every single hair type. they would needs hundreds of models. Mine is fine, wavy but thick, none of them have my hair  type....but when I use WEN follow the steps, it looks good versus the old shampoo I was using. What has helped me with learning how to do a blowout is one of Chaz's stylist from his salon has a great video tutorial up on how to dry your hair solo. It took me a few tries and got the hang of it, it looked like I stepped out of a salon. Anyway, think this is a great tutorial on how to do a WEN blowiut she has other videos as well how to do a WEN blowout

Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom you have got one gorgeous cat there! I'm sure all of your sweet animals are looking fluffery and precious!

Wen has transformed my fine, medium amount of hair. It has done the same for my 70yo mom (whose friend literally said "your hair looks 10 years younger!" unsolicited without knowing she had switched to Wen). I'm a Wenner. I share what I know. I love the community of people who shares what they know. It in no way diminishes anyone else's experience to be happy about mine.

I'm really unclear why Chaz himself inspires such vitriole, or why his success is such a problem for people. I appreciate that Chaz is a lovely, gracious human being who has a spiritual connection to his work, and the people who inspire him. He is an artist whose medium is hair who created his own special tools with which to work. Other vendors have similar relationships with their product lines, and still others just seem to be folks who are meeting a need without that kind of heart connection. Is sincerity and enthusiasm that off putting for folks? I can't imagine why. I love his passion.

There are other vendors whose products do not work for me, yet I enjoy them because I love hearing people passionate about what they do. I don't take it personally that other people get a huge benefit from their products. It isn't an affront to me as a person that they are successful. I believe there is success and joy to go around.

Honored Contributor
@Alexa: even if its not wen with your hair type, same as mine, you should be using a cleansing conditioner as opposed to shampoo. And that is coming from my hairdresser. Also any expert will tell you and not just hairdressers that you should not be washing your hair everyday and that goes for 15149 who swears her washed every day hair is perfect?! Your hair will not become thicker overnight, that is impossible, but with consistent use I no longer describe my hair as thn!
Honored Contributor
And to those that keep saying that they don't use older models with aging hair how old do you think Mary and Joanne are?! And speaking of Joanne her hair looks fabulous compared to what it used to look like! How is it that you don't see the difference?
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

For me, it's not a case of "like or dislike".............it's just too much money in my book for something to wash my hair.   

Okay, that's fair ..... so don't buy it!

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@elated wrote:

I have to say that my beautician does not promote any products sold in the salon. If you want to buy them you can but no push to buy. I tried Wen but was not impressed. If you watch some of his presentations, he keeps fluffing up their hair. If you do this any product will look good.

I agree.  I've noticed he uses models with the thickest, most beautiful hair in the world. 

I want to see models with "cat hair".  If it can make their hair look thick and full, then that will be something to see.  

No they don't all have thick hair. He has models with all types of hair. 

By cat hair you mean like my cat? I do use Wen on my cats and one of my dogs. 

IMG_0011.jpg

@jaxs mom, your cat is beautiful and regal. Wen really brings out the coat's highlights. Smiley Happy

Your little MImi looked wentastic after she got her first Wen cleanse. btw, how is she going these days? 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

NOT trying to go off topic, but keep in mind that TEA TREE can be toxic to dogs and cats!    

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@auburn wrote:

I know many people who have tried it and discontinued it.   Several of my friends are hairstylists and none of them recommend it.  Theirs' are unbiased opinions with nothing to gain or lose either way. 

I find his presentations equally unimpressive and tedious.

I tried it & it did nothing for my hair either. But that does not mean it doesn't do good things for other people. I'm glad it is available for them. 

I know it is not a product I am interested in so I don't watch the presentations.  Did someone chain you down & steal your remote? Why are you watching when you are not interested? 

Good question!!    LOL

COMMON SENSE will tell us that no shampoo, no moisturizer, no skin treatment, etc etc  will work well for everyone.  

Wen works GREAT for me, although I sent it back the first time, not loving it,  and tried it again a year later ...... and it really helped a lot!

One thing that people constantly overlook .....  this is different than shampoo, and there IS a learning curve.    Nevertheless, nothing works on everyone!