Super Contributor

Re: Wen and hair falling out

On 6/17/2014 jaxs mom said:

Sounds like it's time to get your hair tight instead of loose.

LOL....I couldn't get past that either....
Occasional Contributor

When I first tried Wen, I started to notice hair coming out while shampooing. I went back to using two other shampoos...it stopped. Recently, thought I'd try the Wen again just to see what would happen plus I really wanted to like it and had quite a bit left. Same thing...again, noticed hair falling out while shampooing and when combing through ( I have shorter hair that never tangles). Again, changed shampoos and the problem stopped.

Respected Contributor

Generally if hair comes out more during the comb-out in the shower, it's not a problem bc ordinarily ladies remember they are shedding less during the day with WEN. You will lose hairs regardless, averaging 75-200 a day.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

I heard stories of people useing wen for a long time then start having issues. I am not a wenner but i think if it was wen that it would have been an issue from day 1 and not all the sundden

Occasional Contributor

Interesting how the only two people complaining about hair loss have only ever posted 2 posts to the QVC forums, hmm...
Respected Contributor

The pause....I've not heard it called that, but I'm not there yet. I do have a very low thyroid and hair loss can be expected with many conditions. You may try a simple experiment...stop using Wen and see what happens after a month. When you go into your next doctor's appointment, ask for them to do a hormonal panel, if not on birth control, and do a thyroid check, just as a regular blood work panel. It could be revealing.

People's complaints should not be dismissed when they are having a problem. They come to this board for answers. They go to YouTube for answers, videos of Wen hair loss are abundant. It isn't for everyone. Please stop behaving as if they are wrong, their condition isn't happening, and and dismiss them because they haven't explored these boards before. You all were once new as well, try to remember that far back if you can!

Manners will take you a far, far way in life, than your critical poo!

Valued Contributor

Another one post OP. I know it says she has two, but they are duplicates.

As for the Kool-aid poster, nothing worth replying to there. No content to the post other than hatred and condescending remarks. You would think people would have something better to do? I feel sorry for them. In a way.

Respected Contributor

As for clogged drains...that just happens a few times a year for anyone, if not more frequently based on use. Just get one of those little drain snakes with the velcro end. You will be surprise what that little $10 investment will do for you. It clears up so much and makes all of your drains awesome again! No need for a plumber. After you clean your drain with that little guy, pour baking soda and vinegar down the newly cleaned out drain. Wait 10-15 minutes, and then pour boiling water down it. This frees up any sludge that builds up. This is just normal home maintenance. The same should be done to all of your drains except toilets. If you have a septic tank, use one of those enzyme/bacterial septic tank health products, though natural baking soda and vinegar doesn't harm your tank but chemicals will! If you have city drainage, a courtesy flush would be nice to keep the toilet free of troubles.

Contributor

OP - Did you recently change formulas or start using more of a formula? Many Wenners have to limit their 613 usage and I can't use the wheat-based formulas on my scalp. Have you tried the oils or even coconut oil to help moisturizer your hair?
Super Contributor

On 6/17/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:

Here we go again!!!!! DTTB!!!!!!

I really do not understand this complete exasperation and intolerance of people just asking honest questions, whats the big problem with half the people here behaving as if they own the forums. I am really fed up with it and I plan on addressing it with Corp because it is downright hostile. Let the woman ask a question. I think the need to constantly have rose colored glasses on is pretty weak. Things happen, deal.