Valued Contributor

RAVE REVIEW - PRODUCT FOR FINE, THINNING HAIR

Aquage Thickening Spray Gel is a game changer for me.  I purchased this last week.  It gives light hold and body to my fine, thinning hair; and does not leave my hair looking dry.  My roots stay ‘lifted’ in a soft, natural way.

I have used it on dry hair (I was excited try it out the day it was delivered 😃) and on freshly washed hair.  Either way, it performed like no other product that I have ever used. (and I have tried A TON).  

I am so happy (to put it mildly) to have something that works!  I just wanted to post a quick review for other ladies who struggle with hair similar to mine.  

❤️ ❤️ Thanks again to @Katcat1 who recommended this product on the forum here ❤️ ❤️ 

Trusted Contributor

Re: RAVE REVIEW - PRODUCT FOR FINE, THINNING HAIR

thanks for the review! happy it worked for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

Thanks so much for the review!  My hair is thin and baby fine so I'm always looking for anything that will add some body and fullness. Just placed an order for the Aquage thickening gel. 😉

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Is it a salon or drugstore product?  Price?

Trusted Contributor

@Swedishmiss I have never used a spray gel before, is it thicker than the typical volumizing sprays?  Also, do you mind telling me the length of your hair?  I noticed it says that it's ideal for men's styling which makes me wonder if it's better for shorter hair.  I tried a volumizer by Aquage that was a foam and I hated it, ended up throwing away almost a full bottle.

My most recent favorite is Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray.  It adds a nice amount of volume but still leaves my hair feeling nice.  However it's very pricey so I'm always interested in trying new things.  Like you, I've tried a ton of volumizers over the years.  Unfortunately most of them have been duds.  Really hard to find something that adds volume without making your hair feel yucky.

Honored Contributor

I tried it several years ago, it was OK, but stopped using it, when I realized it contains DMDM Hydantoin which is formaldehyde. 

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Is it a salon or drugstore product?  Price?

I purchased at ULTA because they have a good return policy if an item doesn’t work.  

Right now (today only) ULTA is having free shipping with no minimum and I believe there is also a coupon for $3.50 off on the website.

I paid $18 for a bottle.  It was well worth it in my opinion.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lkat wrote:

@Swedishmiss I have never used a spray gel before, is it thicker than the typical volumizing sprays?  Also, do you mind telling me the length of your hair?  I noticed it says that it's ideal for men's styling which makes me wonder if it's better for shorter hair.  I tried a volumizer by Aquage that was a foam and I hated it, ended up throwing away almost a full bottle.

My most recent favorite is Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray.  It adds a nice amount of volume but still leaves my hair feeling nice.  However it's very pricey so I'm always interested in trying new things.  Like you, I've tried a ton of volumizers over the years.  Unfortunately most of them have been duds.  Really hard to find something that adds volume without making your hair feel yucky.

@lkat  It is definitely thicker than other volumizing sprays I have used; it is a gel that I spray in and use my fingers to distribute and lift sections.  I only use about 4 pumps for my entire head.  

I have tried other products from Aquage, but like you I never really cared for any of them.  I also have tried a lot of other high and drugstore products...pastes, mousses, liquids, gels, powders, etc.  ☹️  

This Thickening Spraygel really made a difference on my hair, giving it some lift and volume (that didn’t go flat).

-oh, you asked about my hair length...it is shoulder length.  HTH

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I tried it several years ago, it was OK, but stopped using it, when I realized it contains DMDM Hydantoin which is formaldehyde. 

@Shelbelle  I googled DMDM Hydantoin, and it looks like it is considered safe and used in a lot of cosmetic products.  It has preservative  and antimicrobial properties, which helps prevent products from spoiling or getting moldy.

However,  no one should use anything they are not comfortable with.

Valued Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Swedishmiss 

Thanks so much for the review!  My hair is thin and baby fine so I'm always looking for anything that will add some body and fullness. Just placed an order for the Aquage thickening gel. 😉

Ohh....I hope you love it as much as I do.  (When the bottle came in the mail, I spritzed some in right away on dry hair.  I was immediately impressed.  My husband even commented when he came home that he liked what I did with my hair)