Respected Contributor

The amount of product to wash is what gets me....I remember long ago trying this line....used a few different ones Lisa Roberston used to praise for her thin hair.  My hair came out fine....lot's of rubbing over and over...rinsing and rinsing and then a pump back in.  So much product is needed to do the job....and all that rubbing...I had more hair coming out from all the rubbing.

Everytime he is on....I think maybe this new formula is different and I should try it again.  Then I think do I have the patience to do that in the shower for all that time?  I doubt it....heck I don't even shave my legs in the shower cause it takes so long and wastes so much water!

The bottles and names of them are so pretty...and sure all the models professionally styled hair/freshly color treated too looks very healthy and nice.  Who doesn't want their hair to look like that?

Seems like a great deal for the 3 bottles....wish you didn't need to use so much...golf ball sized amounts? 3 per wash...that's a ton of product in my mind.  I have thinner hair that is naturally curly...I tried the Fig long ago and that made my scalp oily and my curls dry.  Sweet Almond Mint did nothing for my hair and then I tried Tea Tree cause Lisa was using that WAY back then too....and again that burning scalp thing with that one...big disappointment for me.  

But I admit I am tempted to try these and see....if only you didn't need so much product.  

Honored Contributor

@jenms40 

Long term WEN user here.  Past chin length, fine, but thick, straight, hair.

My leave in is about 1/2 teaspoon on all but the 1 inch of hair closest to scalp.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Re: Wen Question

[ Edited ]

Tsavorite, it sounds to me as if you were using too much cleansing conditioner and not enough water.  I have fine, shoulder-length hair that has a perm in it.  I use four pumps for the first cleanse and four pumps for the second, usually tea tree for the first and a seasonal for the second.  That's about one golf ball sized amount for each cleanse, far less than what Chaz would recommend for my length.  But I have very fine hair, and I use enough water to work the cleanser all the way through it and make it frothy and creamy, that way it rinses easier, too, using less water.  You just need to experiment to find the amount of cleanser and water that works for you, so you don't wind up breaking all your hair off rubbing too thick a mix over your scalp. 

For me, given my family history, I would probably be wearing a wig by now due to being rather bald on top, but because of WEN cleansing conditioner and treatment oil on my scalp, I have a lush, full head of fine hair that I can get permed or colored if I want, heat style if I want, or tie it back or put it in a bun, whatever suits my mood any given day.  I am very grateful to Chaz Dean, and will keep using his products until the day I die, if I am given any choice in the matter!

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen Question

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP  Which seasonals in this TSV would be best for my hair type?  I know I can't do florals....anything like that scent wise will give me a headache!  

Respected Contributor

Tsavorite, it isn't the texture (fine) so much as the moisture and protein your hair might need.  My fine hair doesn't need much protein, so I don't use 319/613 at all any more.  With the perm, my hair loves lots of moisture, so I love the Fall Ginger Pumpkin from the Fall collection.  My allergy to the honey complex means I can't use most of the newest seasonals, but before that allergy developed I got the absolute best result from Summer Honey Peach.  Since you don't like floral scents, you should avoid the Spring collection, but I think you would love both the Fall and Summer collections. the fruity scents are just yummy!  My favorites are two of the Winter, one Spring, and one Fall formula, but that's due to my honey allergy.  I am sure you'd love the Winter formulas, too, but they may not be quite as moisturizing as you'd like.  I would honestly suggest that you try all three of the collections that don't have florals in them, since the price is so incredibly good, then, going forward, you can find out which work best for you, and can concentrate on them.  If you don't want to go all in, then either the Fall or Summer collections will be your best bets, just pick the three scents you think you'll like best.