Contributor

I'm wondering if it is safe for cats since it contains tea tree and Chaz says tea tree is poisonous for cats.

Thanks in advance

Respected Contributor
I would not use it on a cat because of the tea tree oil. I don't think there is very much in it, but I wouldn't take a chance.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor
On 3/15/2014 Hilary77 said: I would not use it on a cat because of the tea tree oil. I don't think there is very much in it, but I wouldn't take a chance.

Me either. I have used the people CCs on my kitties though.

Esteemed Contributor

NO

Please, please, never use anything on cats that does not specifically say it is made for cats.

Even products that say they are for other animals, like dogs, can kill cats. Cats are self cleaning and lick themselves. If they get into a situation where they need help, water only or a product that says for cats.

ETA You have to be careful, even if an item says it's ok for cats. Make sure the item does not contain any kind of essential oils.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Regular Contributor

PLEASE DON'T PUT WEN ON YOUR CATS!

Super Contributor

I don't think you can. I don't have any pets but I think Chaz said no to that one presentation.

Contributor

Because see I'm very skeptical about getting it at all. I've read the description and it says ""cats"" but because I read the ingredient list I just don't feel safe using it on my kitties Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor
On 3/15/2014 betteb said:

NO

Please, please, never use anything on cats that does not specifically say it is made for cats.

Even products that say they are for other animals, like dogs, can kill cats. Cats are self cleaning and lick themselves. If they get into a situation where they need help, water only or a product that says for cats.

ETA You have to be careful, even if an item says it's ok for cats. Make sure the item does not contain any kind of essential oils.

I want to stress this. Please, everyone, err on the side of extreme caution when using any products on cats (or giving cats access to them).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/15/2014 KittyKat L said:

Because see I'm very skeptical about getting it at all. I've read the description and it says ""cats"" but because I read the ingredient list I just don't feel safe using it on my kitties Smiley Sad

Good girl. Always read the ingredients.

I know someone who used a dog shampoo on their cat and the cat did not survive

Is there a reason you feel like you want to use a product on your cat?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Cats are like ovens...self-cleaning.