Trusted Contributor

Re: Wen Bamboo Green Tea Question

Thank you all for the suggestions. I've experimented with different amounts and I think, all the scents, 613 and bamboo working the best. I have more trouble with the glycerin based formulas. The one piece of the puzzle that I'm not getting is the frothing. I add water after applying wen and rub, but it does not froth. I'm guessing what it happening is the product is forming an emulsification with the water. It does not feel that my hair is dirty, or scalp is not clean. My hair feels almost sticky because the wen leaves a coating on my hair. If I wash with regular shampoo and get my hair truly clean, the first wash with wen after that does wonders. I end up just using it once in a while.

Frequent Contributor

In my opinion, Wen does not froth. I don't know why some people describe it as doing that. Am I alone in thinking this?

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2014 pas4116 said:

Thank you all for the suggestions. I've experimented with different amounts and I think, all the scents, 613 and bamboo working the best. I have more trouble with the glycerin based formulas. The one piece of the puzzle that I'm not getting is the frothing. I add water after applying wen and rub, but it does not froth. I'm guessing what it happening is the product is forming an emulsification with the water. It does not feel that my hair is dirty, or scalp is not clean. My hair feels almost sticky because the wen leaves a coating on my hair. If I wash with regular shampoo and get my hair truly clean, the first wash with wen after that does wonders. I end up just using it once in a while.

pas4116, using it for the second cleanse, really like a conditioner, may be the way you work yourself into Wen. Most people follow the regular Wen routine, but there a smaller group (like us) that find different ways to use Wen. It's all about what works.

My CC doesn't froth but that's probably because I use so little of it.

-- bebe Smile

Contributor

You have been given some great suggestions.

I don't use as much as recommended. The bottle suggests upwards of 30 pumps for my hair length. But, couldn't get my hair to hold more than 24 pumps before it was just falling out. I keep it layered and sometimes thin, my full headof normal to thin hair. But this was before he really recommended the double cleanse.

I now use it almost like a traditional poo/cond. I use about 8-10 pumps the first go round, and only focus this into my roots. Work it in as well as my hairdresser would. Then rinse fairly well.

2nd step, I use 8-12? (I go by feel, and don't count any more.) on my length only. Like I would a conditioner. Work this in and leave it on the remainder of the shower. Then, rinse fairly well again.

This works for me, as I don't end up conditioning my oily roots more than my length. My scalp gets a double rinse, so it is rinsed clean.

When I first began using wen, it took several weeks for my scalp to re-balance & skip cleansing days. I have oily hair. Pre-wen I needed to wash everyday, but tried to go 32 hours. Now I get 2 days easy, & sometimes 3.

I am just trying the bgt, so I can't comment on it too much. (and actually, would rec getting your hands on some tt for your scalp.)

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2014 bebe777 said:

pas4116, using it for the second cleanse, really like a conditioner, may be the way you work yourself into Wen. Most people follow the regular Wen routine, but there a smaller group (like us) that find different ways to use Wen. It's all about what works.

-- bebe Smile

pas4116, I came across this Does anyone besides me use WEN as a conditioner after a shampoo? thread and I thought it would be of interest to you.

Best of luck!!

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regular Contributor

RiosMom, I never get a froth with mine either. It does get "looser", but never "frothy".

I use 2-3 pumps TT from the gallon for my 1st cleanse ( shoulder length, moderately thick, fine, very curly hair)

and I use 7 pumps Fig & 3 pumps 613 mixed for my 2nd cleanse ( 32 oz bottles ).

I know people who use Wen as a conditioner bc they can't NOT use lathering shampoos.

Frequent Contributor

I generally use Fig, which is more foamy. When I use the BGT, I would say it definitely gets frothy. Guess it depends on which one you are using.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/21/2014 bebe777 said:
On 3/20/2014 bebe777 said:

-- bebe Smile

pas4116, I came across this Does anyone besides me use WEN as a conditioner after a shampoo? thread and I thought it would be of interest to you.

Best of luck!!

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thanks for the link!

Super Contributor

Gotta use enough product and enough WATER. Wet hair really really well first---add CC and more water---don't skimp on pumps---leave in after massaging for two or three minutes while showering---then RINSE like mad!...No second cleanse necessary---no leave in pump neccessary.

I like to use one pump of styling cream after towel drying. I find I don't have to cleanse as often. Using fewer pumps will make hair look either oily or dry---just not the same.

I have long hair, and use the 32 oz. size of CC, so need fewer pumps than when using smaller size. I use about four or five of a seasonal or BGT mixed with four of the 613. No second cleanse or leave in pump of CC.

Just my experience...and love the results.

Frequent Contributor

Hi gingi, I too found my first two try's of WEN to be a failure, even though I followed the videos exactly. Each of those times I was using one from the regular lineup. And though I liked the scent of Lavender and 316,I felt a build up on my scalp that I just couldn't rinse out, no matter how long I stayed under the water. For the last 3 weeks, I have been using the Orange Blossom CC and it is like night and day. love this seasonal formula. My hair feels better. It rinses better. And it definitely smells better. I do shampoo my scalp once a week and use 4 pumps of SOB as a conditioner. The other 2 washes for the week is 5 pumps first cleanse, 5 pumps second cleanse. I do the SOB oil once a week.