Trusted Contributor

Well........I guess you can teach an old broad new tricks! LOL

I've tried primers before and just didn't see a use for them or that they really made a difference. Plus they always made my foundation (I use liquid foundation) pill up when I applied it. However.....I got my Sephora order yesterday and one of the samples I opted for was the SmashBox primer. I used it this morning and WOW. Yes...it has silicones in it and it feels sort of "greasy" and slippery going on so if you don't like silicones, you won't like this. BUT....my foundation didn't pill up when I put it on, plus it made my undereye highlighter I use look sooooo much better! So I go online this morning cause I want this stuff....and find that it also comes in "color correcting" colors! Any of you ladies try the colored primer? And if so....is it good and does it do what it says it will do? I am thinking about the apricot one simply because they are sold out of the lavender one.

Another sample I opted for was the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in the color "Greed". And I like it too! I don't wear eyeshadow, so I just used this alone this morning. It's gold and is sparkly, but not over the top and it's sheer. It just made my eyelids look brighter. I sort of have dark splothcy eyelids and this really helped! So I'm thinking about getting full size of this too!

My other sample of the First Aid Ultra Repair Cream.....and I love this too. It really made my oh so dry skin feel wonderful!