Super Contributor

any reviews?

Honored Contributor

Re: Weight watchers new program

@Cheezit wrote:

any reviews?i

I'm a Lifetime WW member and got the new program right after Thanksgiving. I'll be honest, I haven't gotten on board with the program yet because of the holidays. I have heard some people love it and some do not. I can tell you that most of the foods I enjoyed eating have all gone up in points by 2 or more. They are stressing eating protein, fruits, and vegetables. I'm finding that my "treats" have gone up so much they are not worth the points. I feel like I'm being punished and deprived. Everyone needs a small treat, it gives you something to look forward to in a day that was maybe busy or bad. My meeting is on Friday and I'm going to really give it a try. I lost all my weight on a previous program so if I really hate it I will go back to it.

Honored Contributor

You either love it or hate it, is what I'm seeing, hearing and reading (I'm a member). To me, it's no big deal; don't eat sweets or things high in saturated fat and DO eat protein, vegis, fruit and healthy grains (in moderation).

To me, the huge jump in points for things with sugar and saturated fat was common sense- we KNOW these items should rarely be consumed because they offer no nutritional value. No doctor has ever said "Oh yes, DO consume lots of sugar and processed food. Lots of fast food is good for you".

You CAN still have a TREAT.... a TREAT which means once in a while. Do it daily if you wish but you may have to give up more food than you realize. Is that a nutritionally sound decision? No, but it is your choice and the point of the new program is show you this.

Weight loss and gain is a choice. Always was, always will be. I'm down 200 pounds with another 100 plus to go... I KNOW it's all about choices.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a Lifetime WW member so I can choose the program that worked best for me. In my case, that's the original Points Program. I will say that the new program reflects the latest that is known about good nutrition and weight loss. This means that most fruits and vegetables carry no points at all. Lean meats and fish have gone down in points values. What's gone up? Empty calories. Those white flour, high saturated fat, high sugar goodies are not off limits but when you want something like that, you'll "pay" many points against your daily total and/or weekly extra points. For years, WW said it wasn't a diet but rather a healthy lifetime commitment. Of course the latter is true but let's face it, we've known for a long time that eating a proper diet, accompanied by a sensible exercise program tailored to the needs of the individual, is the so-called secret to losing weight.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

You either love it or hate it, is what I'm seeing, hearing and reading (I'm a member). To me, it's no big deal; don't eat sweets or things high in saturated fat and DO eat protein, vegis, fruit and healthy grains (in moderation).

To me, the huge jump in points for things with sugar and saturated fat was common sense- we KNOW these items should rarely be consumed because they offer no nutritional value. No doctor has ever said "Oh yes, DO consume lots of sugar and processed food. Lots of fast food is good for you".

You CAN still have a TREAT.... a TREAT which means once in a while. Do it daily if you wish but you may have to give up more food than you realize. Is that a nutritionally sound decision? No, but it is your choice and the point of the new program is show you this.

Weight loss and gain is a choice. Always was, always will be. I'm down 200 pounds with another 100 plus to go... I KNOW it's all about choices.

Congrats on your AMAZING weight loss!!! I am truly impressed with your attitude and stick to it ness altho I am sure it hasn't been easy!!!! I bet you feel great and look even better!!!!  Bravo!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I have been in and out of WW for 5 year and I really like the new program.

Much more focused to clean eating (less sugar and saturated fats).   People who do not like it are upset that sugary things have gone up in points, but there is a reason for that.  Previous poster said it best that treats are not meant for every day, they are a TREAT, so you have them once in awhile.  Sure, it would be great if we could easily lose weight when eating treats daily but that is just too good to be true.  

However, not really liking the new website.  Seems like there is much less on it.  Either that or things are way harder to find. (like recipes, articles, etc)

Honored Contributor

@Vivian, I agree with the "original" points system method, never really understood the "free" fruits & veggies!

I have been back & forth with WW for years, I think the best program that works for me, is just basically counting calories, based on a 1200 calorie intake a day!

Honored Contributor

I rejoined over the weekend but on-line and honestly, I'm ready to call and cancel and ask for a refund until they can get the website/app in better working order.  It's a nightmare and it's my understanding there are many people having fits over it. 

I can't say I have a handle on the program because the app and website are so useless, I really don't know what I'm even doing. 

I also am a Lifetime WW member and my favorite plan is the 123 Success.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the new program.  I lost 5.6 pounds in December.  Not great, but hey we had Christmas and New Years.  Way better than gaining.

Fruits and veggies do have calories.  WW takes into account you will be eating them when they map out the point system.   If you overdo, you might not lose.  You have to use common sense when eating them.  For instance, I only allow myself one banana a day, but I can have pretty much as much as I want of  the other fruits and veggies and still lose.

The ones not happy with the new plan are the ones that like the sweets.  I love sweets but I find if I don't eat any sweets I don't crave them.

The points in lean meats went down.  Yay!  Protein is what makes you full and you can have a lot of it.

I find that with the new program, you can eat a LOT if you don't eat the sweets.

As long as I'm not hungry, I'm happy.

Oh, one more thing...I love potatoes and they aren't really high in points which is a  good thing in my book!  I had a 7 1/5 ounce baked potato the other night and I think it was only 5 points.

Esteemed Contributor

So far a bit disapoinnted. As said earlier the site and app is a bit of a mess.

Oprah has the world at her fingertips and she can't keep the weight off. It's a wakeup call.  If Oz, Phil or Rachel become a part of this, I quit.