Esteemed Contributor

Re: Want a New Knock-Out Mascara!!! Suggestions?

Okeydokey ~ I just posted on another thread about Skinn ""Wow"" mascara in the pink tube. It really gives lashes a Vaa Vaa Vaa Voom look. Girlfriends have told me they can see my eyelashes across the room! (which really is not the look I was going for.....)

Hmmm... I've never heard anyone say that ""holding a curl"" is important for a mascara. Very interesting. I don't use an eyelash curler myself but now I'll be paying attention to the curl of my lashes.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

On 5/30/2014 mare54 said: BlueBirdSky I got the same sample. I love the tarte and Lancôme. The Blinc in my opinion was the worst. I have used Clinique for years and was in search of a better mascara. Thank you OP for posting.

mare54, I couldn't figure out the brush on the Tarte. Any tips? One side is short bristles and one was long.

Blue

Regular Contributor

Got a sample of this mascara in a GWP and I just ordered it on the Nordie's mascara promotion - Lancome Hypnose Drama. Only need one pass with the mascara to get full, fluffy lashes. No break-in period either. Hate when you have to use half the tube to finally get it to go on without being a big, wet mess.

I bought the Laura Mercier Full Blown the last promo and it seems to bother my eyes. Also flakes more. I wear gas permeable hard contacts so I don't like getting mascara bits in my eyes.

I'm 56 and still love mascara.

Honored Contributor

Chanel le Volume

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Regular L'oreal Voluminous

Maybelline Rocket Volume--decent for a drugstore mascara

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

BlueBird...I don't do anything particular. Just use it like I use any other mascara.
Frequent Contributor

Any by Lancôme. Seriously. It's the best.

Valued Contributor

Great suggestions, you guys! I will definitely be trying some of these out! Smiley Very Happy

And regarding the curl...curling my eyes gives them quite a lift. Makes me look awake, as my relaxed face tends to look a wee bit tired. Ha!

Super Contributor

I always have a high end mascara in rotation (guess I am always looking for something better....) but always seem to reach for Maybeline Full n Soft.

Super Contributor

Try Maybelline Falsies! The BEST! Lengthening, thickening and get lots of compliments!