Honored Contributor

Re: Want Beautiful Lashes?

[ Edited ]

@Brisky wrote:
Do you buy the top coat at Walgreens?

No, I get it on ebay for about $5 per bottle or less. Dries to a glass like finish in one minute, best top coat ever!!

I never shop Walgreens, way overpriced!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I just ordered Careprost and am excited to try it!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

I don’t trust Amazon for beauty products either. Too many complaints about fakes.

I found Babe Lash on Overstock.com and ordered from there.  I have never had a problem with beauty purchases from Overstock.

I love overstock too! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Re: Want Beautiful Lashes?

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@SilleeMee 

I just ordered Careprost and am excited to try it!

@LTT1 

That's great! It takes about 4 to 6 weeks to notice a difference. Then after about 12 weeks you'll be jumping for joy! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor
My babe lash has already shipped 😊
Frequent Contributor

Time for me to jump on the bandwagon. Tried rapid lash many years ago and only saw a small increase in length. Need fullness and length. 
Can't wait to hear your results. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It contains a (prostaglandin) bimatoprost analogue, MDN,  which is the active ingredient in Babe Lash and is similar to but not the same as (Rx) bimatoprost. MDN is a designer-type 'drug' used in OTC applications and has replaced bimatoprost in some Rx products in Europe.

https://www.fcad.com/mdn-an-effective-bimatoprost-replacement-on-lengtenhing-eyelashes/

MDN side effects have not yet been determined....too soon to tell. MDN is not FDA approved.

I'm happy with the Careprost (same as Latisse) I've been using and it's $12 per bottle (30-day supply).

@SilleeMee   Isn't it fact that once beginning these serums, it has to be continued forever to keep the lashes that have filled in? I went the natural way and use castor oil, condition the ones I have and have noticed a few more growing in or it may just be the natural process of follicles having a varying pattern of growth. Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

When you use any kind of topical product for hair growth then it's only good as long as you continue to apply it. After you stop using it then your hair will go back to what it was before. Most topical hair growth products stimulate the hair follicles and cause them to become more active by promoting a healthy environment and increased blood flow. Fatty acids can do that...prostaglandin is derived from a certain kind of fatty acid. Castor oil contains high amounts of another type of fatty acid. Basically fatty acids are hormone-like in their biochemical action in the body and they are known to increase oxygen uptake at the cellular level which contributes to the overall health of things. @Shanus 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

When you use any kind of topical product for hair growth then it's only good as long as you continue to apply it. After you stop using it then your hair will go back to what it was before. Most topical hair growth products stimulate the hair follicles and cause them to become more active by promoting a healthy environment and increased blood flow. Fatty acids can do that...prostaglandin is derived from a certain kind of fatty acid. Castor oil contains high amounts of another type of fatty acid. Basically fatty acids are hormone-like in their biochemical action in the body and they are known to increase oxygen uptake at the cellular level which contributes to the overall health of things. @Shanus 

@SilleeMee  Thanks as always for your expert explanation. I assume then, that even if my castor oil doesn't grow new lashes, it will condition and keep most of the ones that are there.

Respected Contributor

Before I put this stuff anywhere near my eyes, I'd Google isopropyl cloprostenate and its possible effects. I have lighter eyes and would never risk muddying the color or turning them brown. I also don't want skin color changes around my eyes. Even in the small sample of responses on this thread, at least one person has mentioned this happening to her. These changes may be largely permanent. Those are not as serious and life-impairing as dry eye, which can also be a side effect. 

I understand the desire to have long, lush lashes. I am sad that mine have succumbed to the aging process. But anything that could possibly change my eye color is not a cosmetic, it's a drug, and it should be regulated as one.

This whole area of beautification has a long, sad history. There's a reason "Lash Lure" will never be used as a name for a lash product by any manufacturer who does even basic due diligence. You can look that one up, too. Not happy reading. I'd rather not abet the unscrupulous manufacturers who are counting on dodging the bullet in raking in the profits. That includes, of course, Rodan + Fields, which is currently battling a CA lawsuit because of problems with Lash Boost.

Why take the chance?