Regular Contributor

Hi all, 

Need advice, please.  Purchased perfume online 3.4 ounce bottle.  Received it today.  It was 1/8 used and nozzle busted, but i fixed that.  It apparently was someone's gift and they decided to return it as I could see torn box where paper came off.  Also they tore off the special code from inside box that the french company offers to their customers.

Anyway, .com is supposed to replace damaged orders free of charge, but the operator said I have to return this first.  She is sending me a shipping box as mine was destroyed.

I'm just so aggravated.  These are online only and ground shipping only as flammable and I'm sad that this hassle just seems to take soo long to fix.

Thanks for letting me vent...Seannie

Esteemed Contributor

That is sure a mess for you.  Hard to deal with.

I have had it with Ulta and was thinking of ordering some stuff from Walgreens.  Guess I need to regroup.  

Honored Contributor

@Seannie   Never go fixing something that is damaged and you are returning. The company should see the damage.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

When I comes to cosmetics or perfume I'm always hesitant to buy from someplace other than a Macy's, Nordstrom, Ulta, Sephora, or QVC. I'm always suspect of the product from other sources.

I hope you can get it all sorted out. How frustrating..

Honored Contributor

I'm confused here. So you are asking for advice...what is the question?

@Seannie 

Regular Contributor

Sorry sillee, just wanted to vent about an expensive purchase.  Think I will just return it to a Walgreens with a beauty advisor in store and spend my 100 on something else.  Not crazy about going to a store during COVID for something like this, though.

Seannie

Honored Contributor

@Seannie, you shouldn't have to go to a physical store. I'd advise calling and asking for a supervisor. In my experience, it's rare to be asked to send back a damaged item; I have, on occasion, been asked to send them a picture. But I bet that if you are very polite, they will just refund the item.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Walgreens.com

[ Edited ]

I have ordered a number of times from Walgreens.com and I have never had a problem. That is a bummer.  Hopefully because it is shipping UPS ground, it will arrive back to them in a timely manner and won't be sitting in a hub somewhere for weeks.      

I can understand why they want you to ship the item back first but maybe once your item is scanned in to UPS, they can send out the new order.

If it is an online only item, you may not be able to return to a store.  Have you looked into that.

I ordered hairsprays from them because it was much cheaper on-line than in their store and they wouldn't match the on-line price.  Shipping to a store is always free so that's what I did.