Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

Feel better soon!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnoliawrote:

Scunci has some cute clips that bend together to secure in the hair - not quite a barrette, a step beyond a bobbi.  They stay, even in my baby fine (short) hair, and do not tear the shaft.

They come in colors and I get them at the grocery store.

Tired of the pixie, @Shanus?  Doesn't seem long ago when you had it done.  I just keep going shorter.  Shorter than my husband!  (He does not have long hair.)

@Sweetbay magnolia  I had it cut pretty short when I stopped coloring it about a year ago. Been growing out about 4-5 months....just to chin length bob w/ layers. I’m sure I’ll end up cutting it back into pixie before it gets there. I’ve always had very short hair.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMomwrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

Feel better soon!Heart

Do appreciate your well wishes. Respect you very much. ❤

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMomwrote:

I just typed in 'white bobbi pins' on Amazon and they have quite a few choices.

@KingstonsMom  Thanks. I did, too & ordered them there. Somehow no matter what you’re looking for, guess you should go to Amazon first.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh - that's right.  You were letting the natural color grow in.  I'm verging on six decades and I still have like, really, only three grey strands.  Still honest brunette.

I had a cute chin-length bob couple of years ago.  I suspect I'll never have the patience for a grow-out again.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenitywrote:

@KingstonsMomwrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

Feel better soon!Heart

Do appreciate your well wishes. Respect you very much. ❤

@Sweet_Serenity

You're very welcome!Heart

I have much respect for you too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnoliawrote:

Oh - that's right.  You were letting the natural color grow in.  I'm verging on six decades and I still have like, really, only three grey strands.  Still honest brunette.

I had a cute chin-length bob couple of years ago.  I suspect I'll never have the patience for a grow-out again.

@Sweetbay magnolia  This “ain’t” easy....the neckline is longer than sides so now I have a mullet, but won’t let stylist cut that off yet. They usually get scissor happy & I walk out w/ short hair again. The sides are to the bottom of ears...another 2” & I’ll get the back cut even w/ sides...hence the bobbi pins. When it’s behind my ears, it looks like it is even. The top layers growing out are slow going. The saving grace is when I get to an ugly stage, instead of blowing it straight w/ round brush, I just let it dry curly & all is good.

Honored Contributor

The last time I got bobby pins they were so flimsy. I need white ones too, I want to put my hair up

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

The last time I got bobby pins they were so flimsy. I need white ones too, I want to put my hair up

@cherry  Looked everywhere until I found these thanks to a post here.

Trusted Contributor

@Sweetbay magnoliawrote:

Qvc had some nice looking wigs that could help with a grow out period. Winter is probably the best time to do it, if they're warm. I haven't tried one, but it would be fun to.

BTW, I saw white Bobby pins at Kmart not long ago.