Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOUNDATION W/SPF...

I use a foundation with SPF to protect my skin from the blue light in my screens. It’s not all about the sun. I use IT Cc cream mixed with IT bye bye foundation .
Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I use IT CC+ foundation with SPF 50.  I really like it and have used it for several years.  I get in light but they have a lot of shades.

I have this and wil use it occasionally.  I think it's a good foundation but the shade is just okay for me.

However I also have and use most of the time Clinque's Beyond Perfeting foundation & concelaer.  It's doesn't have a built in sunscreen (I use it under my foundation) but I like it a lot!  I love that it offers a wide variety of shades in warm, cool & neutral colors.  I have found that it matches my skin tone perfectly and goes on so well!

Occasional Contributor

I have IT cc with illumination in light, but when I finish it, I want to try the formula without the illumination.  I also use Tarte shape tape concealer light neutral 22N and the matching powder.

Respected Contributor

My two favorites are IT Cosmetics CC Cream or the Physician's Formula The Healthy Foundation. The PF is getting harder to find but it's still being manufactured!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@SoldierFnp wrote:

Hi new to the boards although have been following for years.  I use the Ilia skin tint.  I have sensitive rosacea skin so physical SPF is a must.  The coverage is nice, minimizes any redness and gives a nice slight glow.  This is a clean beauty brand.  Their concealor , mascara , color sticks and lip tints are also great.  If interested they are having a holiday special on  now.  

@SoldierFnp - Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

Thank you for your comments about Ilia. I never intended to buy something I'd never heard of before that night, but I'm really pleased with it. I also have rosacea, but I take oral medication for it. 

I was new to serum foundation, and I still need to perfect the look, but friends are telling me my skin looks great. The match was perfect. It's a lighter look than usual for me! 

I will look into other products from the line. Again, thanks!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone!!!   I'm looking into the suggestions here🙂.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

When I wear the skin tint I put it on bare skin.

What is your reasoning for wearing skin tint on bare skin?

Any makeup, be it full coverage or a skin tint, will apply nicer on primed skin.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@beach-mom 

When I wear the skin tint I put it on bare skin.

What is your reasoning for wearing skin tint on bare skin?

Any makeup, be it full coverage or a skin tint, will apply nicer on primed skin.

Hi @monicakm ! I wear primer under everything, but the Sephora mua said since this is a treatment it is not necessary to use a primer and probably better not to. So far I'm doing fine without!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The ilea serum spf 40 sounds interesting to me but I am oily and wonder if this will be too glowy and oily looking on me.  I shy away from anything that says dewy.  It says to set it with their powder but that usually only works for about 30 minutes.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

The ilea serum spf 40 sounds interesting to me but I am oily and wonder if this will be too glowy and oily looking on me.  I shy away from anything that says dewy.  It says to set it with their powder but that usually only works for about 30 minutes.

@chiclet - I don't think I can help much, because I have combination skin!  I will tell you when you first put it on it does look shiny. But it dries down beautifully, with no shine. More and more people are commenting on my skin. I've been using this and a few other new-to-me foundations. It's always fun to play!  Smiley Happy