Respected Contributor

@Shanus If you don't want to answer the questions, it's okay. Just say "No thanks.".

So you "stock" BB, Lancome & EL foundations & concealers? How many formulas & colors of each do you keep in stock? 

Do you keep the foundations/concelers in the original containers or do palettes?

Is their a line that you thing works best for deeper skintones, or have all of them added enough ranges in shade to be usuable.

Since I have gotten totally off the original topic.

What line do you use for blush, eye shadow & mascara? 

And, can you tell us what colors you keep using because they work on certain skintones? 

Like using color A on a lot of fair toned people. Color B on medium, color C on olive skins, color D on deep skins?

What brand of false eyelashes do you like to use?

Have you ever done an Indian wedding party? They really like makeup!

Makeup on men looks fake? 

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1   Some shades in lines of foundation do a better job for dark or light skin tones. I usually never use one shade on a face since no face is all one color. IMO, Bobbi Brown has the largest and most accurate range of shades. I tend to use those the most....sticks, liquids, etc. I can have 2 lights, 2 mediums and 2 deeper tones and mix from from that. I use alighter tone for the conter of the face and a 1/2 shade deeper around the perimeter of the face. This keeps it from looking flat. 

I do keep most foundations and concealers in their original containers except for BB which offers a pro palette and comes with all shades of stick foundation in one palette and one that has concealers and correctors. I can refill the pots/sections from sticks or pots I have in stock. 

Blush: I have Tarte, Nars, BB, etc. There are many and I keep them by tone, not brand. It's easier to find a lighter pink/coral for fair skins or a darker rose tone for deeper skins. There are no rules since deep skin colors can be warm or cool and the same for fair and medium skin tones. Sometimes I use a cream blush and set it with a similar powder blush. 

My office has various shadow palettes and they greatly vary depending on what I see and like to add. The usuals are Smashbox, Naked palettes...Viseart and Sydney Grace are favorites because they pop out or can be purchased separately and then put in a magnetic palette.

Most makeup in all categories are higher end, not drugstore because that's what a client expects from a professional. I do, however, use drugstore mascaras since I give the client the one I use for them to keep. They can't be sanitized. False lashes are Ardell cut to fit or ABH has nice ones. 

I did have one Indian client, but it was difficult to please her Mom and she ended up doing her own bridal makeup. I was co-ordinating her blush/lipstick with her gorgeous dress, a fushia/gold print, but her mother thought that was too bright. The bride loved the look, but the mom was a difficult lady to please. It's an assumption to say "they love makeup". Some of their bridal or makeup done professionally makeup is their traditional "look", especially eyes lined with dark kohl, but not all Indian women dress in their tradional attire...some do wear white and the usual bride's makeup. 

I do brides, women who want to learn new techniques, teens brought in by Moms for beginner lessons, women with scars or large areas of discoloration who want to learn to cover them. 

I'm trying to scale back to appts. on certain days so I have free days to paint or make jewelry. 

Trusted Contributor

Love this company and the products. I own everything, lol.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Super Contributor

Re: WESTMAN ATILIER

[ Edited ]

@Shanus I don't use her foundation. Personally, I find it drying. I use Ilia serum foundation which is hydrating, light coverage and just a beautiful, natural finish!

Honored Contributor

@curlygirl13 wrote:

@Shanus I don't use her foundation. Personally, I find it drying. I use Ilia serum foundation which is hydrating, light coverage and just a beautiful, natural finish!

@curlygirl13   After my skincare and spf, I apply BB Vitamin Enriched Face Base (which is a moisturizer andprimer). This adds slip and a more sheer coverage with her foundation sticks.

Haven't tried Ilia serum foundation. Will check it out.