Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies,

I have loved, loved, loved what Wen has done to my hair. Using Wen (/Hair One) exclusively for several months, I was able to grow it longer than ever, with my ends looking beautifully healthy, even though I flat-ironed every day! I was pleased as punch.

However, I hated that it was almost an exhausting process to wash my long hair with Wen. Because it doesn't lather, you have to work it in through your hair so much more than a regular shampoo. I always did the two cleanses, too, so it took forever. And then there's that mandatory 10-minute rinse...I had to stay in the shower so long that my heart would start racing to get out.

I occasionally would be late to my commitments because it took so long to WEN. Or, if I had a free day, I would need to take a long rest after my shower! I have low energy levels related to thyroid problems and depression, so it was quite a challenge. Ultimately, I started washing my hair less and less often, to the point where it would get greasy and limp, just because it was such a process to use WEN.

I switched to L'Oreal's CC, which contains a small amount of lather and is much cheaper. The process became infinitely quicker and easier, and I was able to keep my hair clean every day. Cool However, there's no doubt that the results weren't as good.

So, I want to go back to WEN, but I am wondering if I can handle it. Has anyone had the same problem? Does anyone have any tips on making WEN-ing quicker and easier?

Thanks!