Respected Contributor

First time user for remoist from the TSV.  Any advice, recommendations?  Can it be used as an over night conditioner?  I really don't like the thought of waiting 45 min. on clean hair and then showering againSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I use it overnight. My hair takes forever to dry, so I wash on a weekend afternoon where I have no plans to go out and use a pretty big scoop of the Remoist. I skip all styling products, blot with an old t-shirt, and let air dry. 

The next morning, I get in the shower and get my hair wet, but don't wash the Remoist out. Instead, I use it to scrub my scalp and then rinse really well and don't even use a cleansing conditioner to wash most days I wake up from a Remoist treatment. I've found I just don't need one. I just scrub with the Remoist, rinse it all out, then add the CC as my leave-in, add my styling products, blot with a towel and that's it.

Frequent Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I use it overnight. My hair takes forever to dry, so I wash on a weekend afternoon where I have no plans to go out and use a pretty big scoop of the Remoist. I skip all styling products, blot with an old t-shirt, and let air dry. 

The next morning, I get in the shower and get my hair wet, but don't wash the Remoist out. Instead, I use it to scrub my scalp and then rinse really well and don't even use a cleansing conditioner to wash most days I wake up from a Remoist treatment. I've found I just don't need one. I just scrub with the Remoist, rinse it all out, then add the CC as my leave-in, add my styling products, blot with a towel and that's it.

That's how I do it too. I don't cleanse after rnsing out the remoist. I just do whatever after products I'm using that day.

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

First time user for remoist from the TSV.  Any advice, recommendations?  Can it be used as an over night conditioner?  I really don't like the thought of waiting 45 min. on clean hair and then showering againSmiley Sad

This is why I don't buy it.  I don't want to get in the shower again so soon.  I only got the remoist because it was included with the tsv.

Regular Contributor

My favorite use for REMOIST is as my leave-in.  It seems to keep my hair hydrated even better than CC as a leave-in. 

Frequent Contributor

Just be careful with leaving it in too long. I tried it for the first time earlier this month, and I did not realize how much protein it contained. Admittedly, my hair and protein are frienemies. I left the remoist in for 3 hours and my hair rebelled after rinsing it out thoroughly. So just be mindful of it if your hair has a love hate relationship with protein.

Honored Contributor

I wash my hair at night.  I do one cleanse in the shower and then the remoist overnight.  I rinse out the remoist in the morning by leaning over the tub and using a plastic cup to rinse my hair.  I don't get back in the shower.

I have short hair, so it's easy for me.  Longer hair may not work with this method.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@bargainsgirl

5 year user here.

Past shoulder length, fine, thick hair.

I put it on dry hair before bed time, spritz on a bit of remoist after to get it really moist, or spritz on some water.  Sleep in a shower cap, secy, or turbie type top till wake up & shower.  Easy Peasy.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue, I received my TSV yesterday and saw this post. Washed my hair and applied a healthy amount of the remoist.

rinsed it out this morning as you stated you do. Oh my, my hair is so beautIful and soft. I have short, thick, wavy, coarse hair which also gets dry due to thyroid and menopause but I still have beautiful body. I always only add a bit of styling cream and air dry which I did this morning also.

Great tip. Thank you. My hair is shinier than ever.

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@ChynnaBlue, I received my TSV yesterday and saw this post. Washed my hair and applied a healthy amount of the remoist.

rinsed it out this morning as you stated you do. Oh my, my hair is so beautIful and soft. I have short, thick, wavy, coarse hair which also gets dry due to thyroid and menopause but I still have beautiful body. I always only add a bit of styling cream and air dry which I did this morning also.

Great tip. Thank you. My hair is shinier than ever.

I'm so glad it worked for you, @Sadiesadie!