Occasional Contributor

WEN - need help getting started.

I bought lavender and tea tree oil.. Please suggest products and how to use them. My hair is frizzy, colored. I'm 65 - trying to get some health back into my hair. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: WEN - need help getting started.

@Tricsh 

I think you will get much more advice and consideration over on the WEN forum - over on the left - under My favorite brand - Wen

Welcome

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Tricsh - I will second what @Drythe said- you can spend a lot of time finding out what you need to know, and you can also ask any specific questions you have.

I've used nothing but WEN for over 5 years now. I'm very happy with it!

And I join @Drythe in saying "Welcome " !   Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Thank-you!
Valued Contributor

@Tricsh welcome to Wen.  you can find the Wen forum under my favorite brand.  i would recommend you use the Tea Tree for first cleanse followed by Lavender.  I comb the second cleanse through and leave on while i complete bathing.  Rinse thoroughly.  Then add Lavender as a leave-in,  Based on what you've told us, i would recommend you add styling cream. i had both frizzy hair and long term scalp issues which were resolved by using Wen. I'm also a fan of nourishing body treatment.  @SurferWife @77yangya, @Worldtravler do you have more suggestions for @Tricsh who is new to Wen.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@mizree I totally agree with everything you suggested. And she should get over on the WEN forum where things like this are discussed all the time. Very helpful tips from numerous WENNERS! 

@Tricsh Do try the WEN forum that is located under the "My Favorite Brand" link to the left of these posts. So many people with similar hair like yours who are willing to walk you thru the steps. And you can stay connected along your journey in finding what works best for you.

Honored Contributor

@Tricsh 

I have color-treated, natural wavy/curly hair & never have a problem with frizz because of WEN.  I'm not a Lavender girl; only tried it once, but I AM a Tea Tree addict!

Like others here have stated, you'll get a lot more responses on the WEN forum.  However, I'm happy to share my experience.  You mention the oils.  Do you use the cleansing conditioners?  If so, that is step #1 to controlling frizz, along with the styling cream.  I do like to wear the oils overnight, but to tame the frizz during the day, if you mix a few drops of the oil with the styling cream, that really helps a lot.  I do that on super humid days.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.