Super Contributor

Do the essential oils degrade if you have them too long?  The deal he presented on 6/13 was great; I purchased two new bottles.  Thinking of purchasing a third.  Anyone know if they go bad if they aren't used quickly enough?  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Looking at my Wen Cucumber, Fig, SHP & CLV oils I can't find an exp date or the typical beauty exp icon

Usually looks like this:

Apr_18_2012_528.jpg

It is a jar with an open lid with #M in it. (#= number of months, M=months).

(I'm pretty sure that all Wen oils don't have this however)

A majority of beauty items expire 12months-24months after exposure to oxygen (i.e-after you open them). Many factors can affect expiration (natural ingredients, lack of parabens, fragrances, etc).

Rule of thumb:

• keep items stored in cool, dark places
  • avoid storing where humidity is a factor
  • avoid storing in cars, purses, anywhere where temperatures fluctuate
  • only open when you are prepared to use items

In all honesty you should be fine. Chaz purposely put them in dark bottles so that light wouldn't affect the oil. I'd put your extras in a box and store them somewhere where they won't be bothered. The sale price doesn't have an end date as of yet (when it does the Q will put it on the site). Although your favorite oil may sell out before you can get more. It is a great deal. Hope this help! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

The carrier oils will go rancid eventually. It all depends on if you can go through three bottles in a reasonable amount of time. I'd want to use them within a year probably.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor
This is why I took a sharpie and marked all my recent purchases of wen so that I could use accordingly all of my stash of wen in the closet!