Frequent Contributor
I also wish Chaz would do "apples to apples" comparisons. I use WEN, so I'm not a basher, but I always have appreciated realistic before and afters. Otherwise it can be really discouraging when we can't see the same results. Whether a hair product or a skincare/make-up product, the comparisons should always be exactly the same. Unfortunately, they are all salespersons and we would not be as inclined to buy ANY of it if there wasn't a little bit of adjustment on the results pictures. I freely admit that I am as gullible as the next person when I want to believe it will help solve one or another of my issues. But it will never be the case, so we have to take it all with "a grain of salt". IMHO
Super Contributor
On 2/14/2015 Perkup said:

I do not use WEN, and don't intend to try. But to say as in MsX's post that "WEN does not cause hair loss" is rather silly, based on the dozens of posts and what I read are law suits over the product, there must be some cause.

If I were in your situation, whether you're using WEN or something else, I would discontinue the use of whatever product I had been using and choose something very mild for a while. If the hair loss stops, you should seriously consider WEN the cause. If not, maybe you should see a dermatologist. It might be a medical condition, and you should have treatment.

I completely agree and am on the same page with you, Perkup! Best wishes to anyone who is struggling with hair loss for any reason....

Super Contributor
On 2/15/2015 Lindy Lou said: I also wish Chaz would do "apples to apples" comparisons. I use WEN, so I'm not a basher, but I always have appreciated realistic before and afters. Otherwise it can be really discouraging when we can't see the same results. Whether a hair product or a skincare/make-up product, the comparisons should always be exactly the same. Unfortunately, they are all salespersons and we would not be as inclined to buy ANY of it if there wasn't a little bit of adjustment on the results pictures. I freely admit that I am as gullible as the next person when I want to believe it will help solve one or another of my issues. But it will never be the case, so we have to take it all with "a grain of salt". IMHO

there have been several times that the models did their own hair for shows so that is apple to apples if you may

#IamTeamWen
Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 kat7 said:

The girl who has the lawsuit is Amy Friedman of Florida. As for the lady who was talking about whining to strangers. I was simply asking if anyone else was having the same issues. I know, FOR A FACT, that it was the Wen that was making me lose my hair. I do not need to contact a doctor and spend extra money. I simply have stopped using the product. Why do you women get so upset over a stupid product, it is for some and not for others. I saw the picture of the girl that has the lawsuit, it was a very large area and she was bald, she did contact doctors. Everyone is different, why do you all get upset trying to defend Wen when it works for you?????? Why is your brain so small that you can not imagine that Wen may not be good for someone else and even possibly have other effects on other people??? IT IS JUST A PRODUCT LADIES..........LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't possibly know for a fact based on anecdotal evidence alone.

The thing that always gets me is so often the posters claiming that they had hair loss from using Wen miraculously notice an improvement right after stopping. As if your hair magically went back onto your head immediately. The regrowth time to notice an improvement would take months at the minimum. Hair doesn't grow that fast for it to have filled in enough to notice the difference quickly.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

I think it is causing my hair to fall out and I just tossed all that I have left. Everyone has to make their own choice!

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/14/2015 bruingirl said: Ah yes here we go again and again and again and again …"simply asking"? How quickly this turned into a bashing thread. Interesting to say the least -insert side eye-

Uh..excuse me, but it's the Wen fans that started that bashing on this thread.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/15/2015 jaxs mom said:
On 2/14/2015 kat7 said:

The girl who has the lawsuit is Amy Friedman of Florida. As for the lady who was talking about whining to strangers. I was simply asking if anyone else was having the same issues. I know, FOR A FACT, that it was the Wen that was making me lose my hair. I do not need to contact a doctor and spend extra money. I simply have stopped using the product. Why do you women get so upset over a stupid product, it is for some and not for others. I saw the picture of the girl that has the lawsuit, it was a very large area and she was bald, she did contact doctors. Everyone is different, why do you all get upset trying to defend Wen when it works for you?????? Why is your brain so small that you can not imagine that Wen may not be good for someone else and even possibly have other effects on other people??? IT IS JUST A PRODUCT LADIES..........LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't possibly know for a fact based on anecdotal evidence alone.

The thing that always gets me is so often the posters claiming that they had hair loss from using Wen miraculously notice an improvement right after stopping. As if your hair magically went back onto your head immediately. The regrowth time to notice an improvement would take months at the minimum. Hair doesn't grow that fast for it to have filled in enough to notice the difference quickly.

I never saw anyone say it magically re-grew, but they did say that the hair loss stopped.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

betteb, said "I contacted Chaz Dean Studios and let them know about it and I also let them know about the Wen girls on this forum attacking people like rabid jackals. They were very nice and apologized for that behavior as well as expressed Chaz's extreme disappointment in the Wen users on this forum."

Really, betteb? I highly doubt that the veracity of your statement.

And no, Wenners did not NOT start bashing on this thread -On 2/15/2015 MYCANCRWARRIORKATE said: I really don't understand how anyone believes this guy. Why doesn't he do the before and after without PROFESSIONAL STYLING? Because he is full of it and no better than a snake oil salesman. So sad to see a cult following but people are so gullible and stooped.

Just incase you can't tell that is BASHING. By the masses, which apparently includes you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

o dear betteb- you are actually quite wrong. If you think this is only for WEN Fans because really so few people that use WEN actually post here anymore. So the reality is it has become more a forum for complainers with an actual positive post sprinkled in.

And I seriously doubt that really happened- you called the salon and they said that. So on so many levels your post manifests a bit of unreality...

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/15/2015 Drythe said:

betteb, said "I contacted Chaz Dean Studios and let them know about it and I also let them know about the Wen girls on this forum attacking people like rabid jackals. They were very nice and apologized for that behavior as well as expressed Chaz's extreme disappointment in the Wen users on this forum."

Really, betteb? I highly doubt that the veracity of your statement.

And no, Wenners did not NOT start bashing on this thread -On 2/15/2015 MYCANCRWARRIORKATE said: I really don't understand how anyone believes this guy. Why doesn't he do the before and after without PROFESSIONAL STYLING? Because he is full of it and no better than a snake oil salesman. So sad to see a cult following but people are so gullible and stooped.

Just incase you can't tell that is BASHING. By the masses, which apparently includes you.

Well I haven't looked back yet, but I must have missed that post, or maybe it got poofed. My apologies for that.

As far as you calling me a liar, I don't lie, it happened exactly the way I stated it. That's all I'm going to say about that, believe whatever you want.