Contributor

I think it's called Clean, it's new, had to get it from the pharmacy because it's not available everywhere yet.  Light purple bottles with a weird wavy shape.  This was a custom recommendation for me by my stylist so I'm not sure that it's a universal recommendation.  If you're recovering from this hair loss problem too, best of luck to you!

Honored Contributor

yep, Chaz will be on soon! lol!

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

yup....it's that time again.......... wen palooza this Saturday!!! lots of wen shows..

wen wen wen wen wen wen

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

That means more threads about hair loss, clogged drains, festering boils on the scalp, Chaz's hair, the models hair and the popular "I'm sick of all the Wen shows that I accidentally watch (in its entirety) while channel surfing".

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

Festering boils, eh. I'll be watching with interest. That's a product feature I am unfamiliar with.

I noticed my hair was thinner but....I am also taking Prilosec (or was...) and a bp med. I saw my hairdresser this week to get four inches cut off and he mentioned that the bp meds were a common culprit in thinning hair. I stopped the Wen for quite a while and it made no difference to me--I got thinner hair at the hairline and front and I am assuming for me (Your Mileage May Vary) it was the Prilosec and bp meds because my nails are breaking like nobody's business and normally, I have steel-strength fingernails. 

It's a tough call, but if you stop Wen and you get improvement, there you go. I used my regular shampoo for an entire bottle and then some, in fact it was worse. (Unless of course it's my REGULAR shampoo that's doing it?!)

It is very difficult to pin down what is giving you a problem. But if stopping Wen works, then that is most likely the issue. I can see where a conditioning cleanser could clog your follicles. Everyone is different. 

Trusted Contributor

@Campion wrote:

Festering boils, eh. I'll be watching with interest. That's a product feature I am unfamiliar with.

I noticed my hair was thinner but....I am also taking Prilosec (or was...) and a bp med. I saw my hairdresser this week to get four inches cut off and he mentioned that the bp meds were a common culprit in thinning hair. I stopped the Wen for quite a while and it made no difference to me--I got thinner hair at the hairline and front and I am assuming for me (Your Mileage May Vary) it was the Prilosec and bp meds because my nails are breaking like nobody's business and normally, I have steel-strength fingernails. 

It's a tough call, but if you stop Wen and you get improvement, there you go. I used my regular shampoo for an entire bottle and then some, in fact it was worse. (Unless of course it's my REGULAR shampoo that's doing it?!)

It is very difficult to pin down what is giving you a problem. But if stopping Wen works, then that is most likely the issue. I can see where a conditioning cleanser could clog your follicles. Everyone is different. 

The problem is the mere mention, of the use,of Wen all other contributing factors of hair loss such as age, genetics, medication, chronic illness, immune disorders, various medical conditions, hormone imbalance, physical and emotional stress and rapid weight fluctuations etc, are no longer considered.

Staggering numbers,of women, suffer from hair loss and thinning hair, and surprisingly not every single one ,of them, uses Wen.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Valued Contributor
Contributor

For me it has not and has done just the opposite - I have hair growing where it used to be falling out.  With my hair in a center part it was wide with scalp showiwng and bald throughout most of my part and bald right by my forehead. I had a neighbor comment that he'd never seen a woman bald in the front part of her hair.  Washing it in the shower with shampoo would have me in tears with the amount of hair that would be in my hands when I was done. Have been using WEN for a little over a year now and the very first use I noticed not as much hair in my hands. Maybe some are having an allergic reaction to a particular scent; not everything works for everyone. There are makeup brands that I didn't like the way it looked on me, doesn't mean I'm going to bash them, I'll find something that does

Valued Contributor

Re: WEN AND HAIR LOSS

[ Edited ]

Have been using WEN over a year now (almost 2) and my hair is thicker with less shedding. Before I was shedding like crazy and tried different shampoos. Someone told me to try WEN and it worked. x10 less shedding. I have more hair growth particularly near the front of my hair line. Noticed about a month after using WEN I was getting extra hair along my hair line. 

Frequent Contributor

Has anyone considered you might be allergic to the formula you've used?  I've been using Wen for more than 13 years and have never had any issues.

Most of the original formulas have nuts in them.  Or you could be allergic to the soy based product. 

This is one of the reasons there are so many different formulas with different bases...bamboo, soy and nut.  Just need to find the right formula for you.

Wen user for over 14 years.

Favorite formulas: TT, LAV, SCM, FTP, WCM, 613, MIF, BGT