Honored Contributor

Yesterday, sick of the Q beauty offerings, I was watching my favorite YouTube MUA, Wayne Goss.

Shocked to see a video where he said do not apply gloss on entire lip....makes it look like "you're drooling in outer corners". What? Always applied gloss all over. 

He suggests just applying gloss in center of bottom lip and pressing together. Another video intimated that glossy lips were not a good "look" as we age.

So surprised. Don't think he's suggesting a matte lip, but rather a lipstick that has enough shine.

Honored Contributor

Re: WAYNE GOSS RE: LIP GLOSS

@Shanus I don't know who Wayne is, but I think like he does about my lips.  My favorite look lip look comes from an old tube of Prescriptives that's a perfect color for me but a little matte so I add a bit of gloss on the center bottom lip.  Good coverage, good color, and nothing travels onto my skin.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus  I think Wayne Goss is one of the BEST and in this case, correct regarding where to place lip gloss.  

If you are over 20 y/o, don't ever use lip gloss all over the lip after you apply lipstick.  Only apply it in the center of your lips for a more classic look.  

Respected Contributor

I use Lipstick Queen Frog Prince gloss, which actually works as a long lasting stain for me. If I didn't apply it all over(very carefully) it would look odd. I also have two Laura Geller Color Luster glosses that I love, no scent, no traveling into lip lines, not super shiny. I've never been a gloss fan but these work well for me. I will be stalking the new LG color on eBay after her next TSV. 

I can understand the limited application if you're just adding some shine over your lipstick color. I just use a lipstick that isn't matte. 

Occasional Contributor

I definitely do the same thing when applying gloss. A little goes a long way. 

Respected Contributor

I only dot my lips in the center with gloss after I have applied my lipstick. I am always afraid of the gloss seeping out of the corners of my mouth if I apply all over.