Occasional Contributor

Volumizing Spray........any suggestions?

I need to use hairspray on my fine hair and Chaz always says to use the Volumizing Spray as a hair spray. But I can't get it right. When I spray it on, my hair ends up looking dirty and flops. I have tried experimenting the amount I spray and how far - or close - I spray it. I would really love to use only Wen products.......especially since regular hairspray tends to dry my hair. This is the only problem I am having. Otherwise my hair turns out great with Wen. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Also, if I don't use hairspray, or enough Volumizing Spray, my hair falls flat. Any suggestions?

Super Contributor

Re: Volumizing Spray........any suggestions?

You could try mixing some with distilled water in a small spray bottle--they have them at the drugstore. I vary the amount of water depending on how much hold I need....I find I can really thin out the VTS spray with alot of water and it still holds really well.

Worth a shot Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

It is definitely worth a try. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
Respected Contributor

Are you using the volumizing spray when you hair is wet or only dry? I would definitely try it wet. You may not need as much or have different results when you then use it once your hair is dry. If I use it in my wet hair, generally I will only need some RTM to perk it back up in the morning.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor

I found spritzing it on dry hair works for me. Just 3 sprays, then I follow with 3 sprays of rtm. After a minute or 2 I comb through and it holds without sticking to my head. I do also use the mousse on wet hair. That helps.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep experimenting.

Super Contributor

will try

Super Contributor

I spray it into my hand then scrunch it into my hair.
Super Contributor

What formula are you using? Lavender, Sweet Almond Mint, or Pomegranate?

I started with LAV and hated it, but love the SAM version. That may be affecting your results.