Honored Contributor

I also just got mine and it works great for me!

My hair is very straight and fine.  It's also thick and tends to be very flat on top. 

This new "Rootie" Valoom has helped to give me some lift!  I lift hair & brush it to the side holding it with the big clips that came with the Valoom.  Then crimp the hair and cover it with the hair that I had pulled to the side....it's for hair that won't be seen....under the top layer!

Contributor

@rms1954I've been using mine for five days now with the same continued result...frizz.  If I keep using, I'm worried about damaging the roots. I'd shave my head because I don't have the patience for it to grow out.

The only difference between haddon9's straight/flat hair and my hair...mine is cranky doesn't like anything

I completely dislike the look with 1/2-1" of flat hair down the side of my head/face.  All part of having to use the rest as cover layers.  I look ridiculous.

I decided this morning to return my rootie.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Voloom suggests styling your hair first, like you normally would, then use the Voloom where you need lift.

I did style it first.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 ....  any luck?   I won’t even ave mine out of the box until Monday. Looking forward to trying it, and I hope it works for me!

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@rms1954 ....  any luck?   I won’t even ave mine out of the box until Monday. Looking forward to trying it, and I hope it works for me!

None.  At this point I may try one more time.  Probably will send it back.

Honored Contributor

I tried mine out and managed to get lift at the roots but the rest of my hair is so flat it looked like a mushroom. I’m glad I didn’t pay full price of this at least. 

Respected Contributor

@rms1954   That is too bad.  But, at least you tried it.  

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@rms1954   That is too bad.  But, at least you tried it.  

It's OK.  You win some/lose some.  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@ItsME  I received mine several days ago (quick shipping) and I do like it. Hope when you try it several times it will do the trick for you! I love the size of the "nubs" on my original Voloom better, as these are just a tad smaller. What I've done is taken a smaller amount of hair to "crimp" (resulting in a several more areas of application) and I'm okay with that. I think it will be a great tool for traveling, along with my flat iron. I've also set the temp to about 350-360. I do go over my whole head (except from the area I've used the rootie at the top) with just  quick touch of my flat iron and love the way my hair looks... just a bit of lift at the top only, smooth straight hair (otherwise has a tendency to frizz and wave a bit) and just very slightly turned under at the ends. I'm glad I purchased it at the discounted price and appreciate you taking the time to mention the offer.  This is the only product that works well for me in order to get that height I really do need!. I don't go overboard with the heat setting, as stated earlier, You can always set it higher if you don't get the results you'd like. Hope it will work okay for your hair type Smiley Happy  Sorry it didn't work for some, as everyone's hair type is different.... and for me, I did need to play with it several times after styling my hair in order to get the appropriate "bump" or two where I need it the most...and it does last a day or two on me..a plus! Doing my hair is my least favorite thing in the morning!

Respected Contributor

@GemsNBeauty   Thanks for sharing your experiences!  I'm finally home, and just opened the box.  Will try it later... have to take a nap first!   I'll have to use a lower temerature, as I have very fine hair and need to be careful.  It is also curly hair, so I have plenty of volume at the sides, but need a lift up top.  I hope this does the trick!  And, I will experiment to see what works best for me.