Esteemed Contributor

@Quinny  I use White Hot that I get from Amazon

Trusted Contributor

@Quinny  I use Oligo, Black Violet. 32oz. Amazon. $42.97. It lasts a long time. I use it once a week. I also pump some of my regular shampoo into my hand with the Oligo. I like it a lot.

Respected Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

I've passed through the "grey transition" phase and my hair is finally its natural silver-white color. It's been several months and my silver-white hair is looking dull. I have seen and read about purple shampoos (many different brands) used to brighten grey, white or silver hair. 

Are these shampoos pretty much all the same? I have read some can leave a blue or purple tinge on the hair. 

Are these shampoos meant to take the place of my regular shampoo? I appreciate your feedback.

@Quinny , I use a purple shampoo on my blonde highlighted hair. I am not letting my hair go gray. So I have had a lot of experinece with these shampoos. Some I have found to be too strong. My purpose is to keep my blonde highlights and some make my hair have a blue cast or even a silver cast. My favorite is Pureology Strength Cure Blonde sold at Ulta. Even though you don't have blonde hair, I think this would work very well for you. It isi very hydrating. My stylist once told me also that I did not find a good purple shampoo, to just use a purple conditioner. That way it would not be less harsh than some purple shampoos.

Esteemed Contributor

@Quinny   I use Maison 276.  It is sold here on the Q and I have also bought it from her website.  I have white hair and this has helped a lot.  I hated the way every purple shampoo left a purple cast to my hair and stained my shower.  I tried a lot of them.  They are also very drying.  

When I added Tweak'd scrub to my regimen, that is when my hair really whitened up.  

HTH

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!