Honored Contributor

Re: Using Concealer as Foundation

@sfrangu wrote:

Which one of the bye bye concealers? I got the little pot with brush on AD last month and I absolutely looove it. I was wondering if there is another bye bye concealer even better than that one. As a concealer, of course, not as a foundation, the amount is too darn small. But lovely looking!

@sfrangu   I have both the one in the pot and the one in the tube.  I really like the one in the tube better... it is  more creamy and spreads better for me.

Contributor

I use the IT Bye Bye concealer in the black tube as my foundation.  I absolutely love it!  One small dot really covers my entire face.  It's not greasy or heavy.  I use a light brush of setting powder afterwards and it's perfect.  One small tube, believe it or not, goes a very long way.  After I do my moisturizing, I use a tinted moisturizer, so when I use the concealer my look is flawless.  You should try.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but that seems like a waste to me too.  I'll wear tinted moisturizer or, more likely a BB/CC Cream or Foundation, but never both at the same time.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think it is a waste if it works for you.

I spot conceal, blending it out almost like a foundation (It in the pot) and just need to put a light layer of powder over it (Jane Iredale).  Works well for me and faster than a full face foundation scenario, especially in the summer.

I've "wasted" a lot of money on foundations that don't work for me.

Forgot to add that I discovered Dr Brandt's pores no more primer, it is awesome.  It really makes a smooth canvas and blurrs my redness and spots so much that I need very little concealer.  Love it.  It's expensive, but you do get one ounce of product and I had a coupon at HSN for it.  It is tinted and works better than anything I have tried so far.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the tip! I'm going to try that.

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Yeah, it was the IT Bye Bye Undereye presentation.  Those tubes are so small, I couldn't imagine using that for full face application.  

@Icegoddess  The ByeBye eye is so pigment rich....just a little dot covers a lot!  I use it after using Josie Marian's tinted SPF moisturizer.. the Bye Bye just under my eyes...and to cover any brown spots etc.. and on my chin and my nose.... then my face looks flawless using both of these. Nothing I have tried works as good as Bye Bye undereye... it never dries out or causes creases.  Really nice! 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

I don't think it is a waste if it works for you.

I spot conceal, blending it out almost like a foundation (It in the pot) and just need to put a light layer of powder over it (Jane Iredale).  Works well for me and faster than a full face foundation scenario, especially in the summer.

I've "wasted" a lot of money on foundations that don't work for me.

Forgot to add that I discovered Dr Brandt's pores no more primer, it is awesome.  It really makes a smooth canvas and blurrs my redness and spots so much that I need very little concealer.  Love it.  It's expensive, but you do get one ounce of product and I had a coupon at HSN for it.  It is tinted and works better than anything I have tried so far.

Nailed it. If it works, why is it a waste? 

If you only need coverage on some spots or discolorations and don't need a full face of foundation, then using concealer on just those areas instead of using foundation would be the very opposite of a waste, wouldn't it?

And if you want full coverage and use it to do your whole face, how is it a waste because you used concealer instead of foundation? If people have tried foundations and didn't get what they wanted with them and do with a concealer, then that's not a waste of money, either. 

The only thing I see wasted here is the time and energy spent worrying about how other people spend money and wear makeup.

Contributor

I do this all the time with Josie Maran Concealer sticks.   They are sooooo creamy and blendable and they cover.  A light dusting of Balance n Brighten tops it off  They come in alot of different shades too.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

bare minerals Bareskin serum  concealer is light weight and covers a multitude of sins for me. Yes, it's pricey to use, but I don't need it to cover my whole face, just cheeks, chin, under eyes and sides of nose. It looks more natural too.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  When I use concealer instead of applying my tinted moisturizer, I just use it in certain areas -- under the eyes, tad on nose, on each side of nose and a tad on the chin.  In other words, you only use a tiny amount on each area.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

For the people who are just using it in certain areas, to me, that's using it as a concealer, not a foundation whether it's applying on top of a tinted moisturizer or to bare skin.  To me, using something as a foundation means applying the product to the entire face and I think that was also what the presenter meant when she said she was wearing it as a foundation.

It was just my opinion that using a concealer over the entire face was a waste of money.  Everybody can decide for themselves. I use some unconventional methods for applying BB/CC creams and foundation too.  For some reason Tarte BB Cream alone and IT CC cream alone both look terrible on me, but if I combine the two they work quite nicely.  And, I recently bought a NARS foundation which is a perfect match for my skin which none of the foundations I've bought on QVC have been, they're too yellow.  However, I felt like it was calling attention to my aging skin.  But, now I'm mixing it with Miracle Blur and it looks so much better.  

If someone feels my ponderings are a waste of time, then isn't it also a waste of time to respond to such ponderings? Just sayin'.