Esteemed Contributor

Re: Urban Decay on QVC!!!!

[ Edited ]

Buying sets from QVC is good.  Sure, there may be something in a set you won't use, but usually just using 2 or 3 of the products makes the set a value.  I'm looking forward to see how QVC handles this diverse brand.  I know if Q offers foundations that will be disappointing as they will narrow it down to no more than 10 or 12 shades and Urban Decay foundations are made in at least 25 shades.  Other than the foundation thing, I'll reserve judgement until we see how it goes.  I'm hoping that Q will handle Urban Decay as they have BareMinerals over the years (good!), and that line has a huge inventory of products and colors.   

Esteemed Contributor

If Qvc can handle UD like they have IT cosmetics by offering sets and deals and discounted prices it will be successful. But if it is handled like Clinique it will fail.

Honored Contributor

L'Oreal owns just about every cosmetic line now.       (I do like UD and have used their eyeliners for quite a while.  Won't order from QVC unless it's a super deal.  To order a single item will cost a lot more than at other stores since the shipping will be at least $3.00 per item.  Returns are too costly too.)

Trusted Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

I've heard good things about UD, but have not tried it myself.  I see an eye shadow kit that interests me (Naked 3), so I may try it. 

@Shogirl I wear the Naked 3 palette almost every day. It has good colors that you can wear during the day. The shadows have good color payoff that lasts all day. I have oily eyelids, and my eyeshadow looks good for over 12 hours. I use a little bit of ELF eyeshadow primer. I highly recommend UD eyeshadow. I also have the original Naked palette, and I wear those colors for day or night. 

Another good thing about these palettes is that there are tons of videos on YouTube showing you how to combine the colors. I'm pretty basic, so I usually only use two of the shadows per application.

Because the color payoff is so good, I've had these palettes for a long time. We only have so much eyelid space, so I (unfortunately) have no need for another palette any time soon. Woman Tongue 

Respected Contributor

Re: Urban Decay on QVC!!!!

[ Edited ]

I posted an article under Q TALK. You'll find the entire article under Changes to QVC and HSN. 

Interesting reading, especially about the beauty items. 

The new strategy is aimed at creating more distinction with the two cable channels after the merger, according to Rob Robillard, the new VP of Beauty Integration at Qurate.

In beauty, for example, one of HSN's top selling products is Too Faced "Unicorn Tears" blue lipstick, which sells for roughly $22. One of QVC's best products is the Doll 10 Nude lipstick with a price tag of around $25, noted Robillard.

"We were sort of hoping there would be this real big difference between HSN and QVC," he said. "But the two are actually very similar."

Qurate will partner with Robin Burns-McNeill, chairman of Batallure Beauty, a company specializing in brand strategy, product and package development, sourcing and manufacturing in the fragrance, cosmetics and skincare categories, to create a collection of proprietary beauty brands, the company told Reuters exclusively.

The first manufactured beauty products from this partnership are slated to launch in fall 2019 on QVC.com, and, if all goes well, the company said they would likely tap on Burns-McNeill's shoulder to create proprietary brands for HSN as well.
Honored Contributor

I just got my Urban Decay order yesterday and I'm really impressed with the eye shawdow primer, eyelash primer, and lip stick and lip pencil. I must say the lip pencil is the best I've ever used and I try everything. Their lipstick really stays put too.