Honored Contributor

Re: Unilever purchases Tatcha

Unilever uses many chemicals including DMDM Hydantoin, even in their Dove line, I rarely buy anything made by them. 

Trusted Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia wrote:

I had the same thought about stocking up.  A problem that comes to mind is that TATCHA doesn't hav a long shelf life.  Most products have the 6 month symbol on the bottom of jars.  I don't know if that is when once opened or is total once you get the new product.

It's once you open it.

I do not know what Tatch's unopened shelf life is.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

That was her intent all along............$$$$$$....sell

So what's wrong with that?  Part of the business world.

Not really.

Some owners refuse to sell out and prefer to maintain the integrity of their business and their products.

They have a loyal customer base and that - NOT THE MONEY - is why they do not sell out.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

That was her intent all along............$$$$$$....sell

So what's wrong with that?  Part of the business world.

@RespectLife Totally agree with you. That is what people are in business for, to make money. If any of these entrepreneurs can start a company and sell for lots of money to a bigger company, more power to them! Very smart of them, I think. That's what Jamie of IT Cosmetics did. I assume she is sitting very pretty right now with all she made on her idea for cosmetics.

Worked out great for Julep.

Not.

Valued Contributor

@queendiva  I'll never forget that.It was my favorite all time fragrance.

Anotherone bites the dust.

Contributor

Don't throw tomatoes at me, but I've always thought Tatcha was overpriced and overrated. I used up the one kit I bought from them because I hate jars sitting in the drawer, but I didn't see any results nor was I tempted to purchase twice. I guess the buyout is great news for Vicki, but bad for customers loyal to her company. I can't think of one brand that hasn't gone downhill after being swallowed by a large conglomerate
Trusted Contributor

Another one bites the dust. These things never end well for the consumer.

Trusted Contributor

I was thinking of trying Tatcha, but not anymore.  My beauty and skincare products are cruelty free.  It’s also a shame products always go downhill when a small company is sold to a conglomerate.  I used to love amazing grace and pure grace perfume. The fragrances were subtle, lovely  and long lasting . The year after  the sale, I sprayed amazing grace on me at Sephora and it was different.

Trusted Contributor

@BeautyAddictt wrote:
Don't throw tomatoes at me, but I've always thought Tatcha was overpriced and overrated. I used up the one kit I bought from them because I hate jars sitting in the drawer, but I didn't see any results nor was I tempted to purchase twice. I guess the buyout is great news for Vicki, but bad for customers loyal to her company. I can't think of one brand that hasn't gone downhill after being swallowed by a large conglomerate.

I wanted to be impressed with Tatcha.  I wasn't.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree too how no product ever survives a buyout.  It will change and not for the better.  It will be cheapened in quality and yet the price will go up.

Forgot to add this, although not a beauty item, however,Unilever now owns Magnum ice cream bars and they changed them and are now awful.