Super Contributor

Re: Under eye puffy and tied looking - What is your time tested fav?

I have no advice for a permanent fix as I believe a surgical procedure is your only option.  However, if you want something that helps make your eyes feel refreshed and helps with puffiness I highly recommend Garnier SkinActive's Clearly Brighter Anti-Puff Eye Roller. I've used it for years on those days when I didn't get enough sleep or my eyes are super puffy and it actually helps a lot.  Affordability is a plus.

Respected Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

I have no advice for a permanent fix as I believe a surgical procedure is your only option.  However, if you want something that helps make your eyes feel refreshed and helps with puffiness I highly recommend Garnier SkinActive's Clearly Brighter Anti-Puff Eye Roller. I've used it for years on those days when I didn't get enough sleep or my eyes are super puffy and it actually helps a lot.  Affordability is a plus.

@busymom22   Thank you! I don't need surgery, I've never had an issue until now. I'm just dog tired, get up early and going through menopause, I'm beat, just need something to help me not look as bad as I feel.

Honored Contributor

When it comes to under-eye concerns, there is a difference between puffiness and bags.

Puffiness comes from fluid accumulation which can come and go depending on various factors. Bags, otoh, are a result of fat deposits where those are permanent and can only be reduced by medical procedures. A person can have both bags and puffiness at the same time.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Dr.Denes Wrinle Release and it works well for me. You only need a tiny bit so one tube lasts and lasts. 

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl  sounds like it's a puffy issue, there is a product by Dr. Sherene Idriss that will help, it's made with arnica. It's not bad in price $38 ,but imo worth it. Yes fat pads require intervention from a dr., if it's just puffy , and you need something 

to give you a more rested look, I would give this a try. Official name of product is 

The Depuffer

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl I think you may be fatigued. I suffer from a fatigue issue. To control fatigue involves an exercise protocol. A morning rest of one hour and an afternoon rest of one hour. Your body must be relaxed in a reclined position that lessens gravity. My doctor calls it the La Z Boy position. A bed is fine if you like naps, but sleep is not required. The room needs to be relaxing whether it is your bedroom or a quiet den. No TV, no reading, nothing is allowed during this hour. The idea is for your body and brain to relax with no stimuli.

Once your body recovers from fatigue, your sleep will improve and the tiredness goes away. It seems odd that the body can be too fatigued to sleep, but that is the case. My protocol only allowed being out of the house one hour a day, no housework or cooking, and no job. My recovery took the better part of two months. I know how to prevent getting that fatigued now. I think you will probably see success from just the two relaxing time outs per day. I hope you can get some much needed rest.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  bags and puff combo plate over here😅

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

@SandGirl I think you may be fatigued. I suffer from a fatigue issue. To control fatigue involves an exercise protocol. A morning rest of one hour and an afternoon rest of one hour. Your body must be relaxed in a reclined position that lessens gravity. My doctor calls it the La Z Boy position. A bed is fine if you like naps, but sleep is not required. The room needs to be relaxing whether it is your bedroom or a quiet den. No TV, no reading, nothing is allowed during this hour. The idea is for your body and brain to relax with no stimuli.

Once your body recovers from fatigue, your sleep will improve and the tiredness goes away. It seems odd that the body can be too fatigued to sleep, but that is the case. My protocol only allowed being out of the house one hour a day, no housework or cooking, and no job. My recovery took the better part of two months. I know how to prevent getting that fatigued now. I think you will probably see success from just the two relaxing time outs per day. I hope you can get some much needed rest.

@On It   Oh wow, I have ZERO time to lay down, I'm up at 4am, out of the house before 5:30, long commute to/from work and have 2 hours once home to eat, clean up, and get things ready for the next day. ZERO time to "lay and do nothing" i'm either up getting ready, driving or working. I so wish I had time to rest. I have tried to sleep mid-day (by taking a day off) but I CANNOT fall asleep, my eyes just bounce and regardless of how tired I am I cannot sleep during the day. I so wish I could!!

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl No wonder you are tired! Goodness! I hope you can find relief. I know the people who were working had a weekend program for recovery, but I do not know the details.

Sleep is not necessary for relaxation time. The idea is to get the pressure of gravity off the body. Trying to go to sleep is stressful. Take care of yourself. 

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl ya your on a daily grind for sure, and I know the stress just to get into work and then appear as if you've had the" most luxurious, magical morning " before you walk in and start dealing with the day.. one thing that I have is a facial 

ice roller, it really helps with releasing the tension in your face, and the icy

cooling just feels good. I highly recommend this at the end of your long days

Malibu