Respected Contributor

Under eye puffy and tied looking - What is your time tested fav?

I need something for under eyes, I do not sleep well or for very long and I'm looking awful in the mornings.  I don't have time to let something sit (like a eye pad) so I need a product that I can put on and go...  What helps de-puff and makes your eyes at least look a little better? So many products out there, would just like some feedback prior to just ordering.   TIA for your time!

Honored Contributor

Re: Under eye puffy and tied looking - What is your time tested fav?

OH how I can relate!!! Have had bags under my eyes since I was a kid--no fantastical, miracle cream touches the puffiness--- . They are fat pads in there and it takes a surgeon to remove them--have looked into it--is a day surgery for around $5000 in my area. Am seriously thinking about getting it done--I look so tired--well I am, I don't sleep well either, but sometimes if I look down, I can see the puffiness !!! Don't waste your money on stuff-- no matter what anyone says--does not work!!

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

OH how I can relate!!! Have had bags under my eyes since I was a kid--no fantastical, miracle cream touches the puffiness--- . They are fat pads in there and it takes a surgeon to remove them--have looked into it--is a day surgery for around $5000 in my area. Am seriously thinking about getting it done--I look so tired--well I am, I don't sleep well either, but sometimes if I look down, I can see the puffiness !!! Don't waste your money on stuff-- no matter what anyone says--does not work!!

@wagirl   THANK YOU, this is the first I'm dealing with them, I've never had any under eye issues until I started menopause and insomnia , I've actually had people say "are you okay, you look tired" - I AM FREAKING TIRED!!!  I'm so tired that sometimes I swear I would rather be homeless than keep working for a roof over my head!! Okay, that was bad but dang I'm tired of not sleeping.  Thanks again for your input, greatly appreicate it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl    I've dealt with this since I was in my twenties.  There are lots of temporary fixes sold on the Q, but you can't wear makeup unless it's powder foundation, with most.  

Peter Thomas Roth offers the only one I think I haven't tried.  A lot of people swear by it.  I have used the tinted Westmore product for bags.  It does work, but you have to use it very sparingly.  If you use too much, there's a chalky residue that remains you'll have to remove with a qtip.  

If this is just a temporary problem you're having due to allergies or lack of sleep you might want to try one of the products mentioned.  Unfortunately for me though, I'm quite confident my are just hereditary and I'll either have to pony up a lot of money to get them removed like @wagirl  mentioned, try to get better at applying the temporary fix product, or learn to live with them.😟

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl    I'd   LOVE ❤️ to be able to have my under eye bags removed.

Honored Contributor

@cheriere --am planning a consult just to see what can be done----probably in the next few months--have used PTR and absolutely no change in my "baggage" area but the other facial things I love--

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl   I wonder if there's ANY way at all insurance would cover this procedure?  I know they'll cover for upper eyelid surgery if a persons vision is being affected any at all.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I need something for under eyes, I do not sleep well or for very long and I'm looking awful in the mornings.  I don't have time to let something sit (like a eye pad) so I need a product that I can put on and go...  What helps de-puff and makes your eyes at least look a little better? So many products out there, would just like some feedback prior to just ordering.   TIA for your time!

@SandGirl  - I have read that eye serums/creams with caffeine help with puffiness.  I haven't tried that but it may be worth looking into. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@cheriere --am planning a consult just to see what can be done----probably in the next few months--have used PTR and absolutely no change in my "baggage" area but the other facial things I love--

Please let me know how the consult goes.  This is definitely something I'd be interested in finding out about.❤️

Honored Contributor

@cheriere ---No--it is considered cosmetic --- am sure there are exceptions if it somehow does mess with your vision or somthing---but a friend had her upper lids done,  due to it interferring with her vison--that was paid for. if I go thru with it, it will come out of my pocket.