Honored Contributor

Under eye makeup question

[ Edited ]

I dont watch beauty shows regularly but when I have the models have some type of makeup on under their eyes to hide the dark circles.  On TV it looks light and bright.  I have noticed this on several shows not just for one particular product.

I really like the look and would like to know if anyone knows what product they use?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Under eye makeup question

There are many highlighteres or under eye concealers on the market. I think most brands have one. The one that works for me and resembles what the models are wearing is the 
Doll10 "Correct and Perfect" concealer. This one also moisturizes so it looks great on the skin---no cakey or drying under the eye. Doll10 products are on both QVC and HSN. Hope it works for you like it does for me.

Honored Contributor

They use all kinds of concealers, of whatever brand is showing. 

Or possibly just take the liquid and/or powder foundation all the way up to the lower lash line.

There are several items specifically for dark circles and brightening up the eye area.  

Touche eclat was one that was popular years ago, don't know if they still sell it on Q.  But you had to have minimal lines/creases or it would accentuate them.

If you have problems with dark circles, dab a concealer stick on the specific area and press in/blend in.  No need to cover the whole under eye area or it will look paste-y.  Just the darkness needs to be corrected.  

Then a light dusting of powder perhaps on top of concealed area and blended in to your entire face.

Some eye shadow pallettes have a flesh or lighter colored shadow that is perfect for dark areas, especially the inner eye towards the nose.  When that area is lightened up the whole eye looks brightened.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  You might want to take a look at Bobbi Brown's "corrector" (Bobbi Brown's website).  Looks like what you could be seeing.  @Shanus  turned me on to it.  I just ordered it so I haven't experiment with it yet.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

The best concealers that I have used for that lightness are Cle de Peau...love love this one

And

MAC highlighter crayons

The trick is getting the right shade, of course!

I can no longer use the above b/c they contain titanium.

So, for my money, the healthiest new formulation of under eye concealer is YSL Touch Eclat....many, many shades to choose from.

Exact name: "TOUCHE ÉCLAT HIGH COVER RADIANT CONCEALER"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I use the IT Cosmetics perfect lighting radiant touch and it gives that effect. It's cheaper than YSL too and it's got a nice texture.

Honored Contributor

Bye Bye Undereye by It Cosmetics erases my circles completely. It's so pigmented and concentrated that you only need a teeny tiny bit, so the edges blend away very nicely. Love it, and I've tried plenty of other concealers.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx @LTT1 @Misplaced Parisian @Lucky Charm @Fressa ............Thank you ladies for your advise and ideas.  Years ago I used Mary Kay undereye concealer and at the time I liked it.

I dont wear makeup very often since I have retired but when I do I need the undereye help with my dark circles.  Right now I am using ELF but it cakes after a while.

Again thank you I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Sometimes bright lights, or flash from cameras, will cause 'flashback' . That happens when light bounces off reflective particles in makeup and that can make it look too light. In natural or dimmer light it probably doesn't look that way.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Grouchomarx @LTT1 @Misplaced Parisian @Lucky Charm @Fressa ............Thank you ladies for your advise and ideas.  Years ago I used Mary Kay undereye concealer and at the time I liked it.

I dont wear makeup very often since I have retired but when I do I need the undereye help with my dark circles.  Right now I am using ELF but it cakes after a while.

Again thank you I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out.

@Imaoldhippie  You are welcome.  It's the least I can do.