Frequent Contributor

I have been looking for something similar to Philosophy's Turbo Booster C powder for a while now to mix into my serum. Most of the vitamin powders out there are mostly in crystalline form and are too gritty for my purpose.

But I finally found one that dissolves instantly in my WHINE serum. It's an ultra fine 100% Vitamin C powder, and made in the UK. Available on Amazon and sold by a company called GMO Free Vitamins LLC (created on 2013 and registered to a Karim El Sheikh).

I didn't know whether it would work so I bought the smallest size -100g for $11.99 (as opposed to Philosophy's $37 for a quarter ounce). I tried it for the first time today and so far I like it. Just thought I'd share my find.

Respected Contributor

Re: Ultra Fine Vitamin C Powder

Thanks, summer. I've considered using a powder. Any that I have tried, including Philosophy and Skinn, I did not care for. In fact, I really detested the Skinn powder. Grtiity, sticky, just gross to me. I may look it up when I get a chance so thanks for the link.
Respected Contributor

Hmm, so I took a look. It seems to me this is meant to be ingested rather than applied to the skin.
Super Contributor

Skinn has a Vitamin C powder which he says to add to any skin care product. I'm tempted, because it's 100% (!) and has THE BEST (!) delivery system or something like that.

But my concern is that with a powder, we really don't have control over the strength. One tap -- is that enough or too much? What if our taps aren't consistent? I think I overthink these things.:-)

Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Skinn has a Vitamin C powder which he says to add to any skin care product. I'm tempted, because it's 100% (!) and has THE BEST (!) delivery system or something like that.

But my concern is that with a powder, we really don't have control over the strength. One tap -- is that enough or too much? What if our taps aren't consistent? I think I overthink these things.:-)

MS, note what it wrote in my earlier post re the Skinn C powder.
Contributor

In the directions, it says to mix in water to drink. Don't think this was meant for the face.
Frequent Contributor

BellaCarro, wannabe: Yes, I realize it's for injesting, but I figured Philosophy's powder is essentially pure vitamin C powder anyway (I believe theirs is like 99.8%).

As a matter of fact, I didn't like the previous bottle that I bought so I'm adding it to my OJ in the mornings.

MarenSeattle, I am not familiar with Skinn products, but I use the tiny spoon that comes with the Philosophy powder as a guide. Also, my skin will let me know how much I can tolerate. If it stings too much when I apply it, that means I probably should cut back on the amount.

Super Contributor

I would be surprised if the Vitamin C from philosophy was approved for human consumption - I guess it is OK- but I am not eating stuff from a makeup company.

Maybe I am reading this wrong ?