Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ulta sales person "warned" me (Philosphy products)

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan

Hey,  you are so welcome. My 3pc Beekman is in process scheduled to arrive  may 1st, according to my order status. I mention this as I cannot speak to the body cream yet but the eau d'toilette seems so very similar, akin if you may, like a mini me of PG. It has the same freshness and soap finish with the dry down. As an edt, the strength and silage is less than edp's by nature of the strength or % of ingredients, this is no different. It is very nice and I was pleasantly surprised. I do know the frustration of these changing formulas in the industry. It's a shame and a heartfelt loss to many. I'll post back when I receive the cream.

Honored Contributor

Coty probably cut back on certain ingredients and/or cheaper ones to save money but in the end, they are losing customers.  It happens all the time.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Coty probably cut back on certain ingredients and/or cheaper ones to save money but in the end, they are losing customers.  It happens all the time.

Exactly!  That's what typically happens when a private beauty brand is sold to a conglomerate.  They replace ingredients to reduce costs (increase profits/executive pay) and either retain the same selling price or increase it! Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

For all the people ‘warning’ and ‘complaining’ of

Amazing Grace Yesteryear, there’s a whole new generation of gals,

’Amazing Grace 2.0’ if you will, who never have smelled the original...

and probably thinks it’s wonderful...just like 1.0 gals did many years ago.

It’s a foundationally beautiful scent for everyone to enjoy. 

Fragrance is very subjective not eveyone will 'enjoy' the revised ones. Many times the revision is done to reduce costs and it ruins it!

If you like the new, enjoy it.

No harm in customers posting complaints and asking for improvements or a return of the originals. 

I'm asking some brands for a return of some of my favorite beauty items and no one is going to ssssshhh me Woman Wink

M’kay.

I don’t wear fragrance.

I also don’t complain about something I have no control over.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

For all the people ‘warning’ and ‘complaining’ of

Amazing Grace Yesteryear, there’s a whole new generation of gals,

’Amazing Grace 2.0’ if you will, who never have smelled the original...

and probably thinks it’s wonderful...just like 1.0 gals did many years ago.

It’s a foundationally beautiful scent for everyone to enjoy. 

Fragrance is very subjective not eveyone will 'enjoy' the revised ones. Many times the revision is done to reduce costs and it ruins it!

If you like the new, enjoy it.

No harm in customers posting complaints and asking for improvements or a return of the originals. 

I'm asking some brands for a return of some of my favorite beauty items and no one is going to ssssshhh me Woman Wink

I agree. 

Pure Grace is very different than it once was, and I no longer like it.  The scent is not the same (there's no question that it's been changed),  and on me it doesn't last at all anymore.  I loved the original, and I'm entitled to express my opinion about that, just as those who are happy are free to express their thoughts as well.  This is just a discussion.

Sometimes speaking up about products results in positive changes.

Honored Contributor

I guess sales haven't dropped or they would have figured out that changing or watering it down was a bad idea and would have gone back to the original. I used to always get the holiday set of AG for one of my daughters for Christmas...she looked forward to it. Now she doesn't even mention it and has moved on to another scent.
Honored Contributor

I have always loved the Peppermint Stick 3-in-1.  A couple of years ago I rec'd a 16oz bottle as a Christmas gift from a relative.

This year my SIL bought me the 32oz size and there is virtually no scent to it at all.  I don't know if the larger sizes are like this (I normally don't buy these large sizes) or if it's a QVC thing.  My 16oz was from Sephora.  Even the color was deeper from the Sephora bottle.

I was a FIL girl and ordered one TSV frangrance set after the change over.  It definitely was not the same.  The shower gel and lotion had hardly any scent and the scent they did have was very off, almost plastic smelling.  The fragrance wasn't much better.  It went back and I've not tried again.