Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ulta sales person "warned" me (Philosphy products)

I am on my last bottles of original AG spray fragrance and Purity  cleanser. I think I still have some remaining body cream as well.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  Oh, did your post hit close to home. I also wore Chanel No. 5. My husband also passed away, unexpectedly, in 2005. And that's when I changed to Amazing Grace. Mom also wore Chanel No.5 and passed away (after 14 years of dementia) last July. I don't think going back to Chanel No. 5 would ever be an option for me. Too many memories. Loved, loved, loved Amazing Grace before Cody purchased it! I do think my nose no longer smells it since others do compliment me, so I'll continue to buy it from QVC. Other things I've tried have aggrevated my allergies!!! I always return to Amazing Grace even if I cannot smell it. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Ahhh that's the problem - "P" sold the company.  I almost cried when I had to throw out a $50 ?? bottle of the famous Exfoliating cleanser.  Loved that product but it became so thick couldn't get it out of the bottle....and couldn't rinse it off my face either.  What a pitty - the way they change products to make more money.  I'm still on the search after 7 months to find a replacement.

@fthunt I agree 100%!!  I loved the Exfoliating Cleanser until they messed with it.Now it’s thick & sticky & near impossible to wash off!! I too am looking for a replacement.If you find one please share!!

Esteemed Contributor

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

I've been trying to use up my rather large bottle of Amazing Grace spray cologne -

But I just gave up and put it away for my next garage sale.

1/2 bottle, I put $2 on it.

It was one of my favorite, used to have strangers compliment me on it.

Not any more.

No lasting scent.

I had the same experience with Pure Grace.  I got compliments all the time - men on elevators, women in the supermarket, co-workers of all ages.  Then things changed.  No more compliments, and I could tell that the scent wasn't lasting at all.

I posted about this awhile ago but I called Philosophy and was told the scents are not supposed to last longer than a few minutes.  Which is ridiculous!  There are threads here going back years about the changes that were made.  I loved Pure Grace the way it was, but I haven't bought it in years.

Honored Contributor

Strangers used to stop me all of the time to ask what I was wearing...no more.I  do notice that if I keep the perfume for about a year the scent becomes s little more potent.I wish that I would have stocked up but I thought that the scent would go bad.I still buy it though as I am forever hopeful that it will return to its original glory.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

I've been trying to use up my rather large bottle of Amazing Grace spray cologne -

Not any more.

No lasting scent.

@shoppersince1989

Did you ever consider spraying your bed pillows? Or the linen closet or keep in the car and use for an air freshner? There might just be enough fragrance in these smaller places to leave a gentle scent... Lingerie drawer too. What have you got to lose.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

Not any more.

No lasting scent.

I had the same experience with Pure Grace.  I got compliments all the time - men on elevators, women in the supermarket, co-workers of all ages.  Then things changed.  No more compliments, and I could tell that the scent wasn't lasting at all.

I posted about this awhile ago but I called Philosophy and was told the scents are not supposed to last longer than a few minutes.  Which is ridiculous!  There are threads here going back years about the changes that were made.  I loved Pure Grace the way it was, but I haven't bought it in years.

@NYC Susan

Have you ever tried the Clean Ultimate scent. It's very close  and often referred to as a Pure Grace dupe. I still have an original  PG, stored in my cool dark basement with no problem. I own the Clean Ultimate too. 

Now this is interesting. I recently bot the latest Beekman Flower Market Bounty Box from Evine. The edt and lotion truly remind me of both PG and CU. There's a definate gentle similarity, without a doubt. The BBox has sold out but I invite you to look at 313 931 on the Evine site.  This 3 pc is well priced, as opposed to a separate purchase. The body cream is nice and most prefer it over the lotion. Or search Beekman Flower Market for the other items offered and new reviews.

Screenshot_2018-04-21-23-37-00-1.png

Honored Contributor

This is disappointing to read. I love the original three scents until my favorite was introduced — Summer Grace. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

Strangers used to stop me all of the time to ask what I was wearing...no more.I  do notice that if I keep the perfume for about a year the scent becomes s little more potent.I wish that I would have stocked up but I thought that the scent would go bad.I still buy it though as I am forever hopeful that it will return to its original glory.

Yes, Tova, too! Smiley Sad

They did specifically say yesterday that it's only the "essence" of -- meant to be light. (Which translated means dissipating!)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got so many people asking what i was wearing years ago,tova was it ,but every one sells their companies ,and it changes for the worse.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.