Honored Contributor

There's a new Dominique Sachse YouTube video and demo re: fillers for under the eye. Who's a candidate? What fillers are used & why? Also dark circles and puffiness are addressed. 

Please watch if you've had questions. It's very informative and the doctor is quite knowledgeable on the subject. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  I am a candidate for under eye bag surgery. Mine are hereditary, and there are no serums that can correct them. It's funny, my mother had them, but they did not detract from her looks. Me? I'm so self conscious of them and even stopped wearing contacts in lieu of hiding them with eyeglasses.

For my situation, surgery is my only option. I purposely did not watch her video because I would want to have it done. I always thought about doing it, but then the virus struck and no cosmetic, or elective, surgeries being performed (as far as I know.) Even now, not sure I would participate in something most people would consider frivolous when there's the pandemic around. If it wasn't for that heinous monster, I would probably have had them done by now. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Re: UNDER EYE FILLER

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 ----are you and I sisters????Woman Wink Word for word---I have the very same issues and concerns---now IF I had a load of extra cash hanging around--- and IF----there was no virus thing---and IF I haven't had my fill of surgeries-- and  IF I were about 20 years younger----I would be getting my "bags" done ASAP. But I'm not very self conscience about them and do wear glasses so will not be doing anything and FYI---I don't at all think ,fixing something that has bothered you for a long time is frivolous, no matter what people think!! Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Mimi 1883 ----are you and I sisters????Woman Wink Word for word---I have the very same issues and concerns---now IF I had a load of extra cash hanging around--- and IF----there was no virus thing---and IF I haven't had my fill of surgeries-- and  IF I were about 20 years younger----I would be getting my "bags" done ASAP. But I'm not very self conscience about them and do wear glasses so will not be doing anything and FYI---I don't at all think ,fixing something that has bothered you for a long time is frivolous, no matter what people think!! Woman Happy

@wagirl   Hi, Sis! 😄  IF by next spring things get back to normal, I will probably  have it done. They really, really bother me. My husband even agrees with me because he knows how self conscious I am and always complaining about them. I Love wearing makeup and doing up my eyes and everything looks good until I zero in on them; ruins the look (to me.) My husband says everything is fine, but, of course, he's biased. 😙

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 ---your hubby sounds like a keeper!!!! and you kick---those bags......hinney when you can!!!! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   How about a link?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   Not sure how to do that. It's YouTube and her name. The video on eye fillers is her most recent one. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I never heard of this woman.  Who is she?  She is attractive and I love her hair color (beautiful color highlights w/her dark hair).  Now I know what fillers are.  Wish they would last longer and wonder the cost.  I did not watch all the way thru but then I went on to 7 days, 7 concealers.  I truly enjoyed that one.  It seems that she wears a lot of corrector under the eye to the cheekbone and then concealer but if she is on TV she needs extra makeup.  TV makeup is usually heavy.  I met a news caster in the beauty salon on lunch break going back to work.  Her makeup was heavy.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: UNDER EYE FILLER

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  I have hollows under my eyes (genetic but were getting more noticeable with age) and decided to get fillers about three yrs ago. It’s an area that makeup and skincare really can’t fix and IMO the best money I’ve spent. My filler seems to last about a year and my derm injects  deep and uses restalyne also. If anyone is considering this please vet your injector well and make sure they have a lot of experience with fillers under the eye.

Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:

@Shanus  I have hollows under my eyes (genetic but were getting more noticeable with age) and decided to get fillers about three yrs ago. It’s an area that makeup and skincare really can’t fix and IMO the best money I’ve spent. My filler seems to last about a year and my derm injects  deep and uses restalyne also. If anyone is considering this please vet your injector well and make sure they have a lot of experience with fillers under the eye.

@Fluke67   I'd suggest using a Board Certrified Plastic Surgeon and hopefully a facial plastic surgeon. You've been lucky, but since it lasts a year, if things go horribly wrong, it's yours for a year.