Valued Contributor

Re: Tweak’d Tulipia or Above the Clouds?

@JudyL wrote:

@Love4cats wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@Love4cats wrote:

Has anyone used both the new Honey and Amber Vanilla to compare the moisture? I love the Above the Cloud, it does give my hair moisture, but I wish it had a bit more. The AV is a little too much mositure and tends to weigh my hair down. Lux says it for fine hair which is what I have and it says it is with/ moisture. I would love to try Lux, but I don't want to switch over without some feedback from anyone who has used it. Thank you for your help.

@Love4cats - I have the Honeylux so can only commet on that but maybe it'll help.  I have fine, straight as a board, no body, gray hair. After shampooing, I usually let my hair air dry but will sometimes blow dry. I also think as I age, its thinning a bit too.  Anyway, I love this shampoo/conditioner.  My hair feels soft, shiny, doesn't look dry at all, and the color of my hair looks nice too.  I'm seeing less hair loss in the bathroom drain which makes me very happy.  Can't comment on the scent as my sense of smell doesn't exist.  Overall, I'm very happy that I go it.

@JudyL  Thank you for your reply. I decided to change one of my A-D to Honeylux and hope it has enough moisture without weighing my hair down. Hoping it's a bit more moistuzing than ATC, but not as moisturizg as AV. 

@Love4cats - hope you like the HoneyLux when you get it.  Forgot to mention that I use the conditioner only on my ends, not all over.  Learned that putting any conditioner all over just weighs my hair down.  So now, I just use it on the ends and its fine.  Just thought I'd mention for when you get this duo.

@JudyL I hope I like it too. My hair is just below my shoulder's, I will try your tip about putting the conditioner from mid-shaft to the end's. I have some Amber Vanilla left, so I will try doing that the next time I wash and condition my hair. Anxious to get the Lux in my next A-D.

Honored Contributor

@TamiT28 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this thread from the beginning because I ordered Tweak'd products for the first time during the TSV. I ordered the Tulipia simply based on the smell.

I have always had very healthy hair (even when color-treated) and have been a mostly WEN girl for about 7-8 years. Starting just before the pandemic, I let my natural color grow in and all color is gone from my hair now, my natural color is kind of gray/dirty blonde-ish. The length is between my shoulders and breasts.

I received the Tweak'd TSV yesterday and followed the directions to use 1-2 pumps of shampoo and 1/2-1 pump of conditioner. Whenever I try new hair products, I like to let my hair dry naturally (without any other products) to see what exactly the new shampoo and conditioner does on its own. I had very little shine, maybe a touch more volume, and today my hair feels a little weighed down already. I usually shampoo every 3-4 days and as of right now, I don't think that will happen this week.

Have any of you used more product than what is recommended and had good or better results?  I know everyone is different and adjusting to new products can be trial and error, but I am curious if using more might be better?

TIA

P.S.--I do like the smell, wish that it lingered on my hair!!

@TamiT28 - from the big TSV jug I use 3-4 pumps of the shampoo for 1st cleanse, and 2-3 for 2nd cleanse. 2-3 pumps of the conditioner applied only to mid shaft to ends. And I use a wide tooth WEN comb to distribute the conditioner. I have long hair so I need more product than someone with short hair.

I wash my hair 2-3x per week, alternating with WEN and I use the Tweak'd scalp scrub 1x weekly. The scalp scrub has a wonderful benefit for shine and fullness.

If you want the Tulipia scent in your hair to last, get the Revitalizing Mist - the scent in my hair lasted all day into the evening 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@TamiT28 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this thread from the beginning because I ordered Tweak'd products for the first time during the TSV. I ordered the Tulipia simply based on the smell.

I have always had very healthy hair (even when color-treated) and have been a mostly WEN girl for about 7-8 years. Starting just before the pandemic, I let my natural color grow in and all color is gone from my hair now, my natural color is kind of gray/dirty blonde-ish. The length is between my shoulders and breasts.

I received the Tweak'd TSV yesterday and followed the directions to use 1-2 pumps of shampoo and 1/2-1 pump of conditioner. Whenever I try new hair products, I like to let my hair dry naturally (without any other products) to see what exactly the new shampoo and conditioner does on its own. I had very little shine, maybe a touch more volume, and today my hair feels a little weighed down already. I usually shampoo every 3-4 days and as of right now, I don't think that will happen this week.

Have any of you used more product than what is recommended and had good or better results?  I know everyone is different and adjusting to new products can be trial and error, but I am curious if using more might be better?

TIA

P.S.--I do like the smell, wish that it lingered on my hair!!

Hi @TamiT28 

I have fine hair but alot of it. It is a little below my shoulder's. I ordered Tulipia and Above the Cloud and I have tried both. I find that for me the ATC is more conditioning and give's me more volume (not a huge amount, but I was not looking for volume), than the Tulipia. I use 3 pump's of shampoo and 3-4 pumps of conditioner and love the result's. Next time I S&C I am going to try the Tulipia again, but use 2 pumps of shampoo and 1 pump AV shamoo and the same with the condition, just to see if it give's me more moisture than the Tulipia alone. I changed one of the A-D to Honeylux because it provide's moisture and volume and it says for fine, limp hair. If you find you are not getting the desired results with Tulipia you can always switched your A-D to another type. So far ATC is my favorite.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the different formula comparison info @Love4cats . I'm definitely going to order the ATC for my next subscription reorder 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Thank you for the different formula comparison info @Love4cats . I'm definitely going to order the ATC for my next subscription reorder 

You are welcome, hope you like it as much as I do.

Honored Contributor

@Love4cats wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

You are welcome, hope you like it as much as I do.

@Love4cats  & Tweak'd fans - there will be a Tweak'd TS at HSN in March! Am watching to see what's new and for the TS info 

Regular Contributor

@Chi-town girl Just curious, did you ever end up purchasing the Tweak'd rescue cream? If so, how did you like it? I purchased a second set of the tulipia before the price went up. The scent is wonderful!
Valued Contributor

Wondering if anyone may have had the chance to compare Amber Vanilla to Honey lux as far as moisture goes. Is the HL heavy, or do you think it is lighter than AV? Hoping the HL might be better for fine hair than AV is. TIA

Trusted Contributor

I have both and love them.    But I do think they are heavy.  I need it because my hair is so dry in the winter.   So if you think Amber Vanilla is too heavy then I would have to say you will think the same of Honeylux.