Honored Contributor

Tweak'd Hydrate Styling Creme - First Impressions

Recently, Tweak'd had a TSV on HSN.  I wasn't interested, but later on during the presentation they had the Hydrate Limitless Supercreme Styler which piqued my interest.  I looked at the ingredient list and decided to try it since it didn't have the ingredients that I object to and that so many of Denis' products have.  

The description on the bottle claims it gives the moisture of a creme and the hold of a gel - without the crunch.  There are a few different ways of using it both with air-drying or with blow drying.  I generally air dry for awhile and finish up with blow drying.  

I currently use both a cream and a gel, so I decided to put the product to the test and apply only it and no other styling product.  I really expected to need to add a gel back in but I thought the ingredient deck for the cream was better than the ingredients in the current cream that I use, so maybe it could replace that.  (Of course, I just bought a new bottle of the cream I currently use.)  I was pleasantly surprised.  I got soft, non-frizzy hair with well-defined curls.  I do have to give some credit to the fact that I have cut out most hairspray except a little on top to keep my hair from falling in my face.  My hair had been feeling like straw and now if's touchable and feels like healthy hair.

One con about the product though is I disagree with the claim that it has hold.  While it gives the curl definition of a gel, if you walk outside in the wind as I did after getting my hair cut on monday, it'll lose all that definition in the wind and you will end up with some or a lot of frizz depending on how windy it is.  

I haven't yet been able to give it my normal 2nd day hair test.  On Saturday I had to wear it up while I worked in the yard and I ended up with such a frizzy mess on Monday, I can't say that my attempt at 2nd day hair was successful.  I'll see later on about that since I plan to work in the yard again tomorrow.

Another claim made in the presentation although I don't think there was any mention of the bottle is about how it thickens hair.  They show his daughter with nice hair in her before pic and massive quantites of hair in the after pic and he gives this product the credit.  It does seem to thicken my hair somewhat.  Recently, I have been having difficulty keeping the swirly area at the back crown of my head covered, and it becomes more noticeable as the grey comes in.  It didn't get any better after getting my perm either. It's actually one reason I can't grow my hair long since the longer my hair is, the more difficult it is to keep that area covered.  I didn't get massive quantities of hair from using this product as his daughter supposedly did, nor would I expect any product to give me massive quantities of hair, it does thicken it enough that I no longer have problems keeping that spot covered.

Time will tell, but I'm very happy with this product especially since I can eliminate a product in my routine.  Still trying to decide whether to keep using the Tweak'd Restore Oil as a finishing cream or whether I might try a different product, but today and on Friday (1st time using) I didn't use anything as a finishing cream.  And then there is the issue of hold, especially when it's windy.  I may end up having to resort to the hairspray on windy days as much as I am trying to minimize the use of it.  I might try adding some of my gel back in to see if that helps, but I'm kinda doubtful.  

They had a HSN Birthday special on a 2fer, but since I had not tried this product before I went for just the single bottle.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tweak'd Hydrate Styling Creme - First Impressions

[ Edited ]

That's great, @Icegoddess.  I use several Tweak'd products, this is one of them. My hair is chin length so I don't need much.  The container lasts me a very long time.   

Honored Contributor

I've never used this brand.  Is it a QVC exclusive?  And thank you (Denis')

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I've never used this brand.  Is it a QVC exclusive?  And thank you (Denis')

@monicakm  QVC and HSN

Honored Contributor

@monicakm I got mine from HSN but QVC also carries Tweak'd.  However, HSN often has better prices and coupons.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess I have this styling cream and really like it.  I have fine mousy hair and decided to try this since Denis said it gives body.  I had just run out of the volumizing product I was using so bought this on a 2fer.   I get some volume from the product and my hair is very silky and less frizzy.  Will buy again.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Update:  I got up this morning and my hair was surprisingly presentable straight out of bed.  I just needed to pick through a couple of spots.  

Respected Contributor

I tried this product and didn't find it did much for me.  Certainly didn't give me any volume!  At the suggestion of someone in another thread, I'm now using the Restore Mist on wet hair before I blow dry and sometimes I'll use this along with that.  Both together seem to work better for me than this one alone.