Honored Contributor

Re: Tv people who need braces

There are some celebrities that have straightened and whitened their teeth so much that it looks as if they have a mouth full of chiclets for teeth.

Honored Contributor

Not my teeth and not my business.  I wonder and worry about myself.  Maybe they are just happy with who they are. 

Honored Contributor

Wow, so many (not all) judgemental people here!

They must have their own reason and it's really NOBODY ELSE'S  BUSINESS, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe having "perfect" teeth isn't as important to them as it is to you.

Maybe they are happy with who they are, and are comfortable in their own skin.

My teeth are not perfectly straight either, and I'm just fine with the way that they are. and even if my job was to be in front of the camera, I still wouldn't have them fixed.

Sometimes it's the imperfections that makes someone perfect.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Maybe they are satisfied with their appearance. It's the guys with bad toupees that bother me. If you want something fake, do it well or just let it be.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Maybe there's a medical or other important reason why some people choose not to have their teeth straightened or worked on. It's that way in my case. Although my teeth are straight and in good condition, my gums have receded terribly from a medical condition that can't be fixed. I just have to live with it.

@SilleeMee   This is very true!  As I just mentioned my husband has crooked teeth even though he wore braces as a kid.  However due to his poor health he won't go near fixing them just for cosmetic reasons.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Maybe having "perfect" teeth isn't as important to them as it is to you.

Maybe they are happy with who they are, and are comfortable in their own skin.

My teeth are not perfectly straight either, and I'm just fine with the way that they are. and even if my job was to be in front of the camera, I still wouldn't have them fixed.

Sometimes it's the imperfections that makes someone perfect.

@Anonymous032819 

So true!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@dianajo_67 wrote:

Maybe it’s me....if I was on tv regularly, I would invest in braces if my teeth were a crooked mess.  So many of my favorite actors, etc have terrible teeth.  I was watching dmitri James on hsn today.  He’s all about looking your best and great skin care.  Why doesn’t he care that his teeth are a crooked mess?  Another example is Mark Harmon on Ncis.  He’s been a hottie for years.  However....his teeth are a mess.  Crooked as all get out.  These guys have money.  I don’t get it.  Their crooked teeth don’t stop me from admiring what they’ve accomplished.  I just think getting teeth fixed now s so easy nowadays.  With Invisalign or similar it’s not even visible.

I think that Mark is doing just fine exactly the way he is.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

Kevin Costner. Bottom teeth a crooked mess. Because he's on the big movie theatre screen you can't help but notice. I don't care if fixes them or not, that's his call. But I have found it distracting, can't help but thinking "i wonder why he doesn't get his bottom teeth fixed" because everything about a person is so oversized on the movie theatre screen. On the other hand I haven't actually seen him on the big screen in quite a long time so maybe he did get them fixed.

Respected Contributor

Maybe they are going for real-ism....to portray the character in a accurate light!  Most people I see have imperfect smiles....and not very "white" looking either.  

While I agree it really does look so much nicer to have even straight white teeth...not everyone cares about it like you do.  These rich men probably never had a woman turn them down for any reason let alone their teeth so I bet it would never even cross their minds to fix their teeth.

I just did invisalign...took 10months & 2weeks to be done....my teeth are even and straight now BUT I still can't whiten them...I have such sensitivity!  Nobody even notices the change...if I could whiten them somewhat I think that would make me look so much better.  Was thinking of Veneers but started a topic on that and from what I heard that is NOT the way to go in the long run and it is SUPER expensive.  I also have one front tooth I hit hard as a kid that is slightly more yellow looking and it is always more sensitive to anything.  Maybe I will do caps as someone in this topic mentioned.  

Messing with teeth can be such a painful experience...I can see why lot's of people just say no LOL!