Frequent Contributor

In July I purchased a 3 piece special from Tula which contained a bottle of their deep wrinkle serum.  It also contained a jar of day/night moisturizer.   I think it seems to be helping but I am really confused because now they come out with a moisture repair pressed serum in a purple jar which is supposed to contain a combination of the serum and a moisturizer.   This is frustrating because I like the idea of the convenience of one product but I am wondering if it contains the same strength of wrinkle serum as the bottled version.   I need it mostly for the wrinkle benefit.  Is there anyone who can answer this or direct me to someone who can.

Respected Contributor

I went to the Tula Website, and the main anti-aging ingredience for the Deep Wrinkle Serums are:  Blueberries, Chicory Root, Apple Extract, Probiotics, and Retinol.  For the purple jar Kefir Pressed Serum, the main anti-aging ingredience are:  Kefir Hydro-Complex, Ceramide Complex, Arctic Winged Kelp and Botanical Oils.  I think that if you want mostly wrinkle benefit, the Deep Wrinkle Serum is more powerful due to the Retinol.

Honored Contributor

Heard a dermatologist recently say "Spend your dollars on serums and save on moisturizers." 

I'm old enough to have preceded the whole sunscreen and anti-aging push, but now I do use a serum morning and night and I have been happy enough with drug store mositurizers unless a kit I've bought from QVC contains one. 

I really don't see a whole lot of difference when the only thing I change for several months is the moisturizer.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  It makes sense to me that the Retinol would be more effective so I will stick with the serum.