Trusted Contributor

Urban Decay...Is it really good?

I'm wanting to try Urban Decay since they are cruelty free and I wanted to hear from the wonderful fashionista ladies here if it's as good as they say. I thought about trying the eyeliner to start with. Any suggestions on what's good in the line and any critiques you might have. Thanks in advance.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Urban Decay...Is it really good?

Mixed feelings here.

I have one of The Nakeds eye shadow collections. The colors are lovely but the shimmery ones shed tiny pieces of glitter on my checks when I wear them - even with eye shadow primer.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Urban Decay! In fact, if I had to pick just one makeup line, it would easily be UD! Their naked foundations and powders are superb. Eyeliners are great and I love their blushes. The only UD product that I don't care for is their brow powder. I just prefer Anastasia brow pencils. I strongly urge you to try UD. You'll get hooked. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have their Naked Basics 2 palette which I use for travel -- a great matte 6 pan palette. I bought their Naked Smoky and Heat palettes. There is a little fallout which is expected but it is easily removed with a cheek brush.

I have their Perversion mascara and like it. The eyebrow pencil with the spoolie is very similar to the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer and of course I use the L'Oreal version.

I do like their blushes and their highlighters (currently using Fireball as a finishing powder on my face and highlighter near my eyes and upper cheekbones.). Their Sin highlighter is similar to me to the BECCA Opal highlighter in terms of color.

Their  24/7 eyeliner pencils are terrific-- lots of colors and go on creamy without dragging across the lid lash lines. It easily removes with eye makeup remover at the end of the day.

Their liquid eyeliners -- Razor Sharp -- enable you to create as thin a line as you want on the upper lash line. I don't recommend attempting to do this on the lower lash line as its difficult to apply. That is where the eyeliner pencils come in (lots of complimentary shades to their liquid liners).

I do like their Naked Skin liquid and powder foundations. I prefer my brushes rather than the sponge that comes with the powder foundation. Coverage is sheer to medium on both products.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer Kat Von D makeup but I do like the Urban Decay items I have.

The UD Naked foundation is lighter coverage than the Kat Von D liquid but you can make hers lighter by using a moist beauty blender. I think UD might have expanded their cool toned foundation colors because they used to be very limited. In fact in general I think UD favors warm tones in their whole line. Which is an issue for me. 

The Kat Von D shadows have less fall out than the UD. I have  Naked 1,2,3 palettes and some of the moondust ones ( which I love) and the Kat Von D Chrysalis, Innersteller, Shade + Light eye ( the original matte one) and two of her Shade and Light eye quads plus the Metal Crush shadows ( which I love). 

As far as eyeliner, I much much prefer the KVD lightning liners ( which they aren't selling right now) over the UD 24/7 pencils. But I prefer liquid over pencil anyway. 

As far as lips, some of the UD ones that look really dark are sheer and don't go on the way they look in the tube. I absolutely love the KVD lipsticks and liquid lipsticks and her lip liners. I'm not usually a lip liner person but hers stay put like crazy and I like that she exact matches for most of her hard to match shades. 

And her glimmer veil liquid lipsticks are amazing, I have four of them. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I'm a fan!  I use their 24/7 liners, as well as their eyeshadows and lipsticks.  They are great quality, lots of colors to choose from, and good staying power.  I don't generally buy palettes... I find I don't use enough of the colors in them.  But, with UD, you can buy individual shadows and a box to create your own palette.  I love that!  I don't use their naked foundation, but my mother does... it's been a repeat purchase for her.  I just didn't love it for me.

Trusted Contributor

Yes!  I love the matte palette shadows. 

And if you don't have the right brushes to apply, you should invest in good blending brushes.  It's a must if you want flawless application.

Honored Contributor

i love their eyeliner, and their lipsticks, my favorite nude is called Trance, it is a pinky nude and it is gorgeous!!!!!!I also like their mascara. I haven't tried anything else yet from the line, but from what I have tried I really like!!!!!!!! Their 24/7 eyeliner is wonderful and really does last , and there are tons of colors!! Same with their lipsticks, tons of colors and some are metallic, creams, mattes,etc.......Lots of choices!

Trusted Contributor

As some have said and I agree that UD's 24/7 eyeliner is very good

and what I liked was they have SO many shades to choose from.

I put my 2 UD 24/7 liners aside after years of not using and years of trying every liner up the pike, so I sharpened them and they're like new. They really bulletproof too. But I bought many new liners and one in particular I love so I have to use them... I only have 2 eyes lol!!!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

I use the 24/7 eye and lip liners, I got the sharpener too, it is really good. I use the All Nighter spray as well!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield