Occasional Contributor

I'm really tired of hearing the statement It Cosmetics is the most populat cosmetics in the United States.  Courtney just made the statement.   Don't stretch the truth to sell the products. She and other hosts do it very often.   

Honored Contributor

@LuckyA    How do you know it's not true?  I'm sure they'd make such a statement based on gross sales.  Do you know how their sales compare to other companies?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Truthful statements

[ Edited ]

All vendors and hosts embellish in one way or another.  It's up to the consumer to weed through that and do their own research, or believe who they want to believe. 

Honored Contributor

@LuckyA wrote:

I'm really tired of hearing the statement It Cosmetics is the most populat cosmetics in the United States.  Courtney just made the statement.   Don't stretch the truth to sell the products. She and other hosts do it very often.   

@LuckyA 

Well, you seem pretty sure, so please share how you know this to be true? 

I suppose the "most popular" doesn't necessarily mean the top seller. 

So .....  what are the facts and figures to substantiate your claim?

Honored Contributor

I don't know how they quantify "popular" but overall it's L'Oréal from a quick online search. It might be the most popular on QVC in the US.  

Honored Contributor

@LuckyA 

Actually, according to what I'm finding, the most popular cosmetic company in the United States is L'Oreal.  

It makes sense to me lower priced cosmetics would be more popular.  

Maybe, IT Cosmetics are more popular with QVC buyers.  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI:  

L'Oreal bought IT Cosmetics for $1.2 billion in cash in August 2016.

Honored Contributor

Anytime I've smelled open IT products at TJMaxx, they all smelled rancid and IT products don't last long at my TJ's.

I don't know people put that carp on their faces!

I learned the same thing about Josie's argan oil, even if I kept it in my fridge, it still goes rancid in no time.

Just my opinion based on my own personal experience.

Gobble, Gobble Friends!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@EarthAngelInTraining wrote:

FYI:  

L'Oreal bought IT Cosmetics for $1.2 billion in cash in August 2016.

Bingo!  So, IT is under that umbrella, and the hosts are using that association in their promotion of the product.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well. IT Cosmetics "Undereye Concealer" in *LIGHT,* might be the most popular in the USA, 'cause QVC hardly EVER has any "LIGHT" in stock.  (am being sarcastic)

I gave up on *LIGHT* in IT Cosm Undereye Concealer, no matter where......