Occasional Contributor

Trish McEvoy "Instant Eye Lift"

??Can anyone tell me what type of color the Trish McEvoy "Instant Eye Lift - Light/Medium" is? Is it peach, nude, yellow – I never heard her say what the color was.

??Can anyone suggest an alternative brand for the Trish McEvoy "Instant Eye Lift - Light/Medium" and "Eye Base Essentials - Bare" that doesn't settle into lines?

Thanks, I don't know much about makeup, I'm older, and I need some advice...

Respected Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy ""Instant Eye Lift""

I would say the Instant Eye Lift is for light to medium, but it won't work for everyone, particularly if you have bags. It can actually accentuate bags, and if you are going to use it, you need to know where to put it. I know about this because after coming off of steroids, I was having serious issues with skin dryness and bags. I researched it, and found some very useful techniques on YouTube. (Look up how to conceal under eye bags). You don't have to spend a lot of money either. As far as Eye Base Essentials goes, I would say it's yellow based which is a good thing if you have discoloration. A YouTube gem I learned was posted by a delightful British MU artist. She used a concealer by Garnier Nutrisse and applied it all over her lid as well as under her eyes. I have it and it has the same consistency as Instant Eye Lift: it also has botanicals that help decrease puffiness. Poodlepet2
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I always have dark circles, puffiness, bags under the eyes, etc. Some of these are hereditary and most are caused by allergies. I have found the Dr. Denese skincare line to work for me. I use her upper and lower eye cream/treatments at night and have seen improvement in firmness and in reducing the puffiness. I use her treatment for puffiness (baggage plus eye puffiness gel) before I put on my makeup or daytime with just my moisturizer. This works. You need to give it a minute or two to dry and work. I have very fair, sensitive skin and am in the 50 ++++ age range. The puffiness and bags under my eyes have always been an issue all of my life. This is the only product that WORKS! It improves my situation so I hope it does the same for your needs.

Respected Contributor

I forgot to answer your question about the color of Instant Eye Lift. I would say it "veers" towards a creamy peach. It's not yellow by any means. If you have issues such as dark circles or veins, go towards yellow. During my steroid treatment, I had severe sleep issues and I had a couple of tiny veins that "popped" around my eyes: Instant Eye made it look as if I smudged gray eye shadow. There are many people who adore this product, but not every thing works for every body. Poodlepet2
Honored Contributor

I think the Eye Base Essentials in Bare is actually a pale beige with a slight pink undertone. I don't recall that it is yellow-based.

For me, a yellow-based primer would not cover my discoloration very well. I do prefer a slight pinkish tone. I'm currently using Estee Lauder's Double-Wear conealer (the one in a wand applicator) in Extra Light as my primer. It does an excellent job in covering, and it's not one of those super emollient concealers that would interfere with the longevity of shadows. In fact, I think it helps.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Go to Blue Mercury and get a sample. I just got one today---have not tried it yet.