Honored Contributor

Re: Trish McEvoy or Laura Mercier???

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl - both are excellent brands. You may find that you like products from both brands. If you live near Nordstrom or another major dept store, get a makeover at both counters, just do it on separate days. And ask for samples

Since you are 'looking', I also recommend Armani. The foundation and lippies are amongst my favorites.  When I wanted to check it out, Nordstrom gave me an Armani makeover and samples.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@bargainsgirl - both are excellent brands. You may find that you like products from both brands. If you live near Nordstrom or another major dept store, get a makeover at both counters, just do it on separate days. And ask for samples

Since you are 'looking', I also recommend Armani. The foundation and lippies are amongst my favorites.  When I wanted to check it out, Nordstrom gave me an Armani makeover and samples.  

@Chi-town girl I agree. Armani has my most favorite foundation of all time-called Luminous Silk. It is the absolute best-pricey but oh so worth it.....I have never tried their lippies-but may have to give them a try!

Honored Contributor

@Daysdeewrote:

I havent really used Laura Mercier products.  When I use Trish's "triangle of light", I feel like it makes a huge difference.  Don't use it everyday when I am just at home, but when using that method have been told how nice I look.  The product lasts a long time.

@Daysdee I do Trish’s triangle of light w/ my Nars Creamy Concealer...same type of tube w/ doe foot applicator. As long as you have a sufficient moisturizer and your concealer is lighter than foundation, it’ll work.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Thanks for the tip. I've been buying a lot of Nars lately--liking their Velvet Lip Glide "lipstick."

Honored Contributor

@Daysdeewrote:

@Shanus   Thanks for the tip. I've been buying a lot of Nars lately--liking their Velvet Lip Glide "lipstick."

@Daysdee I used to use Trish makeup, but found the pricing out of line w/ other products the same or better quality. For ex., her gel pencil liners are quite soft & need a sharp point to tight line....sharpen about 10 times...and down to a nub. The pencil doesn’t need to be that soft. The length is misleading because of the smudger end I never used...I now use Mally’s liners...also waterproof, firmer lead & a set of 3 w/ navy, black, & grey (basic colors) cost less than 1 Trish pencil.

Honored Contributor

@ShanusI'm not a fan of Trish's eyeliners.  Also, I never did master the way she applies eyeliner.   Been using Mally's eyeliners for years.  I don't know if the newer liners are still the same quality though.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdeewrote:

@ShanusI'm not a fan of Trish's eyeliners.  Also, I never did master the way she applies eyeliner.   Been using Mally's eyeliners for years.  I don't know if the newer liners are still the same quality though.

@Daysdee  I’ve found the newer ones to be similar enough. I just require a medium soft pencil so the darn thing doesn’t sharpen away in a month and definitely waterproof. It does take practice learning to place the liner between the lashes. Try making tiny dots and then smudging them together. The lashes actually do look thicker and the lid is left free of liner so it’s no holds barred on eyeshadow placement.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus    I will work on that placement of the Trish eyeliner since I have some from kits.  (probably too old to learn though!)  Thanks for your tips.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Laura Mercier hands down. LM tinted moisturizer still the best on the market and Trishs's is drugstore quality compared to it IMO. I've tried a lot of Trish's MU nothing has really overwhelmed me. Think its priced way high for its quality.

Valued Contributor

@Daysdeewrote:

Not a fan of her eyeliners or eyeshadows.