Valued Contributor

Re: Tried MUAC Fade Peel for Brown Spots!!!

Bella Carro The name of the peel is Fade Peel. It's one of many on the MUAC website but sounded like a good one to start with for me since I have fair and somewhat sensitive skin.

Respected Contributor

I've been using MUAC's fade peel and mandelic acid peel (alternating them). I have noticed lightening of discolorations.

Esteemed Contributor

Just picked up the stuff from my Derms office yesterday. I have Vitaligo permanent brown spots since my 20's, and have to use special concealer, but this stuff is called HQRA+. The Dr. has it made up in his office. It lightens the pigmentation. Believe me, I have tried all the over the counter stuff. Unless it is a prescription, IMO, don't waste the money I have.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/29/2014 qvcaddition said:

Just picked up the stuff from my Derms office yesterday. I have Vitaligo permanent brown spots since my 20's, and have to use special concealer, but this stuff is called HQRA+. The Dr. has it made up in his office. It lightens the pigmentation. Believe me, I have tried all the over the counter stuff. Unless it is a prescription, IMO, don't waste the money I have.

May I ask what they charged you for this cream? I went to a Derm and being there was awful! She was very nasty to me, so I'm afraid of going to anyone...

Esteemed Contributor

LasVegasdot: $70.00 for 8oz, but its prescription. My Derms office is nice and very professional.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/29/2014 qvcaddition said:

LasVegasdot: $70.00 for 8oz, but its prescription. My Derms office is nice and very professional.

I looked this up online, and it says the hydrocodone is 7%. Is that true? If it is, I want some... Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, and is stronger than any over the counter. I have seen my discoloration lighten considerably. Can you get it online and how much? I just threw away my Murad that I brought from the Q. Used half of the bottle and it didn't work, so I went back to this and not much difference in price. Also the sp 47 that Josie Moran has, spelling wrong, didn't work for me, but Dr. D's sp 30 is stronger. The 30 works for my stain on upper lip. I stopped using it and had switched and got a dark spot on right side of face, not there when I used Dr. D's.

Respected Contributor

Murad was a waste of time and $$ for me as well.